***The Official Samsung Galaxy S III Thread***

@mrgubby I just rooted my S3 LTE using the Toolbox you suggested and it was a painless experience, thanks so much for that!

I'm currently backing up the Samsung Stock ROM just incase I need to flash back to that, I can't wait to download and flash Pandorium!

@mrgubby I just rooted my S3 LTE using the Toolbox you suggested and it was a painless experience, thanks so much for that!

I'm currently backing up the Samsung Stock ROM just incase I need to flash back to that, I can't wait to download and flash Pandorium!

IF I've got it correct..... :o

The dropbox linky should be here

let me know if it works & as soon as you've downloaded it :)

Just to check, why do you need to root before installing a custom ROM? Myself, from stock, I flashed CWM recovery using Odin and then simply flashed a pre-rooted ROM using CWM recovery...

You don't need to root but I did anyway..I'm relatively new to this ROM game and almost came a cropper when trying to root my S3 LTE. For some reason I found it trickier to root and flash it then I did when I had the S3 I9300.

mrgubby helped a great deal and pointed me in the direction of the S3 Toolbox which is such great program that I made a donation to the author.

I guess that's a little of what I was eluding too, if rooting is tricky, don't. Flash a recovery, flash a pre-rooted ROM. I actually rooted my I9305 by mistake doing this... the guy said it was a port of the latest I9300 stock ROM, with split screen and all, I didn't realise it was pre-rooted.

Nice one kona, make sure its the latest 3.6 version. There's so many options in regards to theming the ROM you wont get bored. Let me know what you make of the ROM

Yup looking forward to it.

Just to check, why do you need to root before installing a custom ROM? ...

You don't have to - but like stoosh I prefer to make a Nandroid of my stock ROM before I flash custom roms.

Wanan rom is good !

You have to root first and install a custom recovery like CWM. Then via CWM you can flash a ROM you have downloaded.

There's a thread on this forum somewhere on how too root and put a custom recovery on an S3.

The stock ROM should have decent batterylife as standard. Post some battery screenshots if you can.

If someone can link me how to do this, I am a noob when it comes to all this. :)

My bricked S3 is apparently on it's way back to me. No idea if it's fixed, refused or anything just that it's been despatched! Hopefully it appears Monday morning and all is well, will update when it arrives.

Finally flashed Pandoriam with the help of mrgubby on my S3 LTE and it's a wonderful ROM - extremely smooth and stable.

Anyone who has a S3 LTE should try the ROM out because its feature packed. Am currently setting my S3 up the way I like it, will post screen shots for kona

Back
Top Bottom