***The Official Samsung Galaxy S III Thread***

so my step dad got one.. tbh the screen is quite bad! :O i did not expect it to look like that but damn its not that clear :) must the pixel layout as i've looked at nexus 4 and that looked a lot better than s3.

so my step dad got one.. tbh the screen is quite bad! :O i did not expect it to look like that but damn its not that clear :) must the pixel layout as i've looked at nexus 4 and that looked a lot better than s3.

Really, not clear?! Are you sure you didn't have the protective plastic on still or your eyesight is horrendous.

That seems extremely exaggerated to be honest. It's not quite as sharp but it's not anything remotely close to 'bad'.

That seems extremely exaggerated to be honest. It's not quite as sharp but it's not anything remotely close to 'bad'.

Well it was quite noticible in my eyes so yeah it did look quite bad :-) and no my eye sight is ok, thanks for asking?

Really it just surprised me a bit! Ive played with the phone before but never really took a proper look at it! I am not saying it isnt sharp im just saying that pentile matrix is really visible which is what i missed the first few times that i played with it! It is sharper than my s2 but n4 has a better screen in my eyes.

I've had a SIM free S3 since launch but dropped it recently was quoted £160 for a repair but had phone insurance via the Bank. So had to pay the £25 excess fee but it still took 4 weeks from when I sent the phone off to when it was finally returned.

If anyone has a policy from their bank and it is provided by a company called Lifestyle Services / LSG my advise would be avoid unless you are happy to wait 3-4 weeks for your phone to be repaired.

I've had a SIM free S3 since launch but dropped it recently was quoted £160 for a repair but had phone insurance via the Bank. So had to pay the £25 excess fee but it still took 4 weeks from when I sent the phone off to when it was finally returned.

If anyone has a policy from their bank and it is provided by a company called Lifestyle Services / LSG my advise would be avoid unless you are happy to wait 3-4 weeks for your phone to be repaired.

Me, I'd always report it lost.

Under their policy you are required to report it to the provider, Police with a crime number within 24 hours and to them within 48 hours of the lost. Also an increased excess of £100 [iPhone] / £50 [Rest] for a theft claim.

I guess quite a few people try the loss/theft option :)

Ah I see - that's sucky.My policy doesn't need a crime number for losses. Excess is 50 no matter what, 100 for iphone.

Lulz. Are you pulling our leg?

it does look like im trying to get a reaction but im simply expressing my opinion lol :) i simply did not expect to see the pentile on the screen and it is quite visible thats all im saying :o not trying to say its a bad looking screen cmon.. its a lot sharper than my s2 but the pentile pixel arrangement is easy to see. :o

I've installed Wanam 5.1 and now i have a new folder called Samsung Mobile in my Chrome bookmarks that can't be deleted like normal bookmarks. How do I get rid?

it does look like im trying to get a reaction but im simply expressing my opinion lol :) i simply did not expect to see the pentile on the screen and it is quite visible thats all im saying :o not trying to say its a bad looking screen cmon.. its a lot sharper than my s2 but the pentile pixel arrangement is easy to see. :o

fair enough - pentile is visilble if you look for it but I don't notice it in normal use :)

Bring on 1080p :D

Back
Top Bottom