***The Official Samsung Galaxy S III Thread***

Can anyone recommend an S3 case to replace the stock Samsung flip case, as the stock one is poor. I can't hold the phone properly one handed with it folded back.

I was considering a Melkco or Case Mate leather flip, the wallet type look good but won't the cards press on the screen?

Should have my S3 back soon (it was one of the ones that bricked itself recently). Showing as repaired on Samsung's repair tracking. Don't know if I get any info about what went wrong, will post if there is any info. All covered under warranty.

Not a moment too soon either, my Galaxy S feels slow and clumsy in comparison!

I'm on Hyperlight rom again, weighs in at 250mb. Unlike other roms that state they've had the bloat removed, Hyperlight goes further and removes litteraly everything that isn't needed, including the lib files.

Worth a look if you're like me and constantly freezing/deleting apks from wanam etc :)

Interested in anyone who has used the Nexus 4 as well as either S3 or Note 2 and their views?

I am still pending for my Nexus 4 order and tempted to cancel and go for either an S3 or Note 2.

I have looked at 2 year costs.

The nexus 4 is £289 plus I was going for GiffGaff £10 per month (250 mins/1Gb)
Total £529.

With Tmobile, via mobile phones direct

S3 is either £29 plus £21 per month (100 mins / 750mb) total £533
or £23 per month plus £72 (300mins/750mb) total £624

or vodafone, 21 per month plus £149 (600 mins/500mb) .

Note 2

T mobile, £21 per month plus £89 (100mins/750mb) total £593
also do either 300 mins/750mb or 100 mins/1500mb for 24x26 plus 89 =£673

So for my needs, Nexus 4= £529, S3=£533 or Note 2 = £593

Money not too much in it.

My use in priorities:

1) internet browsing
2) email
3) personal organising / diary / astrid etc
4) sky news / bbc news / iplayer /maybe skygo in future
5) music
6) camera

Won't do much in way of games.

Also, wont play around with settings too much.

Views?

Interested in anyone who has used the Nexus 4 as well as either S3 or Note 2 and their views?

My use in priorities:

1) internet browsing
2) email
3) personal organising / diary / astrid etc
4) sky news / bbc news / iplayer /maybe skygo in future
5) music
6) camera

Won't do much in way of games.

Also, wont play around with settings too much.

Views?

I have a Note, my eldest son has an S3 and I have a Nexus 4 on order so I sorta know what you need, from what you've written you should get the Note 2 considering asset value at the end of your term, I think that's the advice you wanted eh.

Go into a shop and try them. While i have all these devices this should always be your first step. Also assume you can move the UI from one device to another (because you can with very little difficulty) so don't be too put off by that. While it's not pure, on Android i actually prefer hardware buttons so I enjoy the Samsung experience a little more than the Nexus but overall it's pretty close. People give the design of the S3 a lot of bad press for not being made of metal etc... I much prefer lightness so I couldn't give a monkeys - you might be different etc... this is why playing the "why yes i am very interested in your deals mr employee of telco X" is a good start :)

Hi All

Long time lurker in this thread. Finally been persuaded to swap my iP4S for a SGS3 and it's currently waiting for me at home.

Anyhow, to my question. I am planning on updating it to stock 4.1.2, and almost certainly will root it. However, can someone explain exactly what the advantages of, in particular, roms which I understand to have a similar look to stock such as wanam are? Don't really want to spend days trying all the custom roms out there.

Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom