***The Official Samsung Galaxy S III Thread***

Urgh. Phone is going back to Samsung again. Second time for me after the SDS issue that happened pretty much this time last year.

Anyone else had the soft keys stop working and lighting up?

It's clearly hard making high end phones these days last more than a year.

Think I have completely broken the phone trying to update via KIES, its a terrible piece of software and now even emergency firmware recovery has failed as well.. only Samsung! It went to 17 % and stays there. Why did I even bother updating!

I had enough problems with the previous botched OTA and kind of getting fed up samsung's software antics for an otherwise decent phone!

Would you kindly comment on performance, battery life and the wake up lag that was on the 4.3 MJ9 vs. this new one?

I never used MJ9 (came straight from 4.1.2) but I haven't noticed any wake lag. General performance seems good. Haven't tried gaming yet. Bit early to comment on battery life.

Think I have completely broken the phone trying to update via KIES, its a terrible piece of software and now even emergency firmware recovery has failed as well.. only Samsung! It went to 17 % and stays there. Why did I even bother updating!

I had enough problems with the previous botched OTA and kind of getting fed up samsung's software antics for an otherwise decent phone!

Use Odin :)

Haha! Yeah its sad that Odin (isn't it built by samsung?) seem to somehow manage to revive the phone! All working now and somehow all my apps and files are still there! SO far a decent update, less laggy than before.

Haha! Yeah its sad that Odin (isn't it built by samsung?) seem to somehow manage to revive the phone! All working now and somehow all my apps and files are still there! SO far a decent update, less laggy than before.
Yes Odin is Samsungs own recovery software it was released buy the devs and get regular updates as each version is device specific.

Back
Top Bottom