***The Official Samsung Galaxy S III Thread***

Mine updated a few days ago but all my downloads have disappeared. Had bus timetables and useful things in there but they've all vanished. Also when I try and download anything now it says 'starting download', but nothing happens. Previously there would be a download status on the dropdown menu, but nothing's there and nothing appears in the downloads folder, has it been downloaded to a different folder?

I been running Temasek's CM11 build since the very first preview build and to be honest, it's a cracking ROM

I've just installed his final build of CM10.2 on my girlfriend's S3 as I didn't want to bother her with updating it every couple of days and she's more than happy with it! The phone is so much faster and it has SO many features!!

Seriously, head over to XDA and give it a try - as long as you make a full nandroid first there's nothing to stop you finding out just how good it is for yourself :)

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1797109

Been wanting to update mine to Temasek's, though i've never done a custom rom/kernal type thing with mine. Any tutorials around?

Get a custom recovery first, either ClockworkMod or Phils touch recovery (prefer Phils touch myselfl) then just follow the instructions on the xda page for Temasek's rom. Its not difficult and once your recovery is done you cannot screw it up!

Yep. Copy ROM and gapps to the external sdcard root. Reboot phone to recovery, wipedata/reset, install rom and gapps from sdcard reboot.

if you use Phils recovery when you wipe data it will give you a new ROM option use that as you need to wipe the cache partition and Dalvik cache and that will do them all.

Dont reboot from recovery until you have installed the new ROM and gapps as the phone won't boot properly.

Coming from a Samsung roms to aosp/aokp it's always best not to restore app backups from older roms as it can cause errors.

Everything went perfect! Except I keep getting 'Unfortunately, setup wizard has stopped' Not sure if I installed the wrong gapps?

Am I right in thinking that you download the version which is the same as your firmware? As in 4.2.2?

Edit: Nevermind, got it working. Everything is so quick and neat!

Last edited:
Everything went perfect! Except I keep getting 'Unfortunately, setup wizard has stopped' Not sure if I installed the wrong gapps?

Am I right in thinking that you download the version which is the same as your firmware? As in 4.2.2?

Edit: Nevermind, got it working. Everything is so quick and neat!

Rule of thumb when flashing roms, if you get errors, wipe and start again! :)

I been running Temasek's CM11 build since the very first preview build and to be honest, it's a cracking ROM

I've just installed his final build of CM10.2 on my girlfriend's S3 as I didn't want to bother her with updating it every couple of days and she's more than happy with it! The phone is so much faster and it has SO many features!!

Seriously, head over to XDA and give it a try - as long as you make a full nandroid first there's nothing to stop you finding out just how good it is for yourself :)

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1797109

Thanks I will have a look at that :)

so so so many options indeed, taking me a while to set it up to a roughly familiar and comfortable setting.

Been using TW for ages, might go back to trying different launchers like I did on my S1

Back
Top Bottom