***The Official Samsung Galaxy S III Thread***

All this Knox stuff has me all kinds of confused!

Can someone point me in the direction of a rooted version of the stock 4.3 mk6 rom that I can flash using Odin?

Cheers.

Well so far I'm impressed with the update. My phone has been running like a dog for a while now,I run stock, I've never rooted. I have been seriously considering getting a new phone, but the update seems to have really helped.I no longer have to wait about 5 to 10 seconds for anything to open. The new fonts and icons give it a fresher look and the face recognition works much better. Have to agree about kies though, shocking piece of software.

Edit: does anyone know how to enable lock screen widgets, all my googling has drawn a blank with people dicussing options not available on my phone with 4.3.

Edit2: seems the lock screen widgets only work with swype unlock, I use pattern because I have VPN's setup on my phone.

Last edited:
Well so far I'm impressed with the update. My phone has been running like a dog for a while now,I run stock, I've never rooted. I have been seriously considering getting a new phone, but the update seems to have really helped.I no longer have to wait about 5 to 10 seconds for anything to open. The new fonts and icons give it a fresher look and the face recognition works much better. Have to agree about kies though, shocking piece of software.

Edit: does anyone know how to enable lock screen widgets, all my googling has drawn a blank with people dicussing options not available on my phone with 4.3.

Settings>My Device>Lock Screen. I have enabled multiple widgets and have email and messages on there.

Hi guys,

Family members has one of these and every time you add a contact then call it it comes up with the wrong name, go into the phone box it's the correct name and even while in edit mode it has the right name but as soon as you call it, top left has a wrong name happens to every number in the contacts and displays the same name that is in the phonebook already everytime.

Any ideas? I've edited, re-edited, deleted and re added numbers but it happens every time.

Hi guys,

Family members has one of these and every time you add a contact then call it it comes up with the wrong name, go into the phone box it's the correct name and even while in edit mode it has the right name but as soon as you call it, top left has a wrong name happens to every number in the contacts and displays the same name that is in the phonebook already everytime.

Any ideas? I've edited, re-edited, deleted and re added numbers but it happens every time.

Tried a hard reset? boot in to Recovery and perform a wipe and reset in there. or from the options menu, select reset to factory settings

If a 4.4 build came about with decent battery life and decent camera and did not require root, I will be all over it benjo! Which one are you on?

Temasak's rom with Devil kernel. Getting a decent idle battery life of about 20 hours, with a screen time of at least 3 hours! Camera is the only downside, as with most aosp roms. I don't use the camera that often anyway, but Snap Camera is pretty neat.

ok that's different to my point. I'm saying if you go the official update route (kies/odin/ota) then there's no reversing tripped KNOX.

Oh man, I just updated using Kies a few minutes ago. Maybe I should have read up on this beforehand. :o

So, no root for me... ever?

Edit: Oh actually, it appears to have worked. I have no idea what I am doing.

Titanium is saying it's rooted, but Rootkeeper is saying it's not?

Last edited:
Anyone know of any battery mods for stock 4.3? Got root so that's not a problem just can't find any that work.

What do you mean by Battery Mods?

Greenify is the only one that will help extend your battery life, best off just turning everything you can off to make the battery last that little bit longer.

Back
Top Bottom