***The Official Samsung Galaxy S III Thread***

Nova Launcher with Nova Prime (basically, the full paid version) is the way to go in my opinion - though it does present even more options to set up lol including more gesture options than you could ever find uses for :)

Worth every one of it's 260 pennies!! (or wait for the Prime pack to come on offer as it does quite frequently lol)

tigerstyle, any reason you went with 10.2? Temasek's CM11 is working flawlessly for me.

That being said, are there any decent themed Samsung 4.3 roms yet? JB Domination stopped ages ago :(

hi guys, have had my S3 rooted for a while using this method

http://www.redmondpie.com/root-galaxy-s3-on-android-4.1.2-how-to-tutorial/

but left it at stock rom since then, I want to flash 4.3 but have no notion where to start...

I think I have a btter understanding now and I am trying to flash CM11 along with Gapps 4.4.2 but when I try to install CM11, it gets to verifying update then aborts the installation, something to do with an "update" from a zip file?

if it makes a difference, Im currently on SuperSU? :confused:

Last edited:
Had a look at that and still nothing.

Could it be because I am coming from 4.1.2?
Would I have to do it individually, like 4.1>4.2>4.3>4.4?

No that doesn't make any difference. What recovery are you running? have you tried downloading the ROM again? have you cleared the Cache Partition as well as the Dalvik Cache and done a full wipe/factory reset?

Its got to be something with your Custom Recovery, or the ROM is corrupt.

Yeah, been doing that.
Flashed the zip file for Philz then flashed the .tar.md5 file.

Still getting the status 7 error.

Ready to give up now, dont know ho many time Ive had to turn off/on/restore/download/recovery mode my phone haha

Thanks for the help so far, keep em coming as I might try them tomorrow morning if I dont crack up tonight

Is the phone operator locked? It will need to be unlocked before you can flash an international ROM.

Oh and you are storing the ROM on the external sdcard and not internal memory aren't you?

Tried the aboce mate and got the error.
Just flashing 6.0.4.4 to see if it changes anything.
What do you mean by operator locked?
Im in contract with O2, if that's what you meant?
And yeah, external memory.

Back
Top Bottom