***The Official Samsung Galaxy S III Thread***

Soldato
tigerstyle, any reason you went with 10.2? Temasek's CM11 is working flawlessly for me.

I wanted sure stability as I had a friends wedding coming up and just wanted it to 'work' ironical the camera app crashed and I had to reboot the phone to fix it...

Will go for 11 tomorrow I think :)

Does 11 need the kernel file as well? Or just the rom?

Last edited:
Soldato
I wanted sure stability as I had a friends wedding coming up and just wanted it to 'work' ironical the camera app crashed and I had to reboot the phone to fix it...

Will go for 11 tomorrow I think :)

Does 11 need the kernel file as well? Or just the rom?

If you're not bothered about flashing kernels, you can just flash CM and be done. CM comes with it's own kernel :)

To be honest though, if you wanted camera stability you should have stuck with a Samsung rom :p That's the only reason I'm tempted to switch back.

If people are trying out CM11/Omni, definitely try Temasek's CM11. It's a combination of both with loads of subtle mods.

I'm about to try Ultima Rom 16. I was on v15 for a while and it was pretty decent!

Looks like it's a fully AOSP themed 4.3 build. http://ultimarom.com/

Last edited:
Associate
I have just switched from Wanam (4.3) to CM11 and amazed how slick and solid the phone is now. wished I did this ages ago.
Tried the camera and it seems ok although video isnt obvious - what the problem with it?

Soldato
I have just switched from Wanam (4.3) to CM11 and amazed how slick and solid the phone is now. wished I did this ages ago.
Tried the camera and it seems ok although video isnt obvious - what the problem with it?

Occasional force closes, which then prevents you from using the camera at all until you restart. Happens more when you use other apps that use the camera, like snapchat etc.

Also, I'm still convinced the quality is better with the Samsung rom. It must be doing different post processing.

Soldato
My wife got the Note 3 just before Christmas so I purchased her the Samsung case with the window - quite flash but now she finally has a phone with a useable screen (came from an iphone :)) she wants to put the phone in the car mount but if you flip the case it thinks it is closed so changes the screen. What cases do people use with their note as I think i'm going to need to ebay this one and get her something a little more useful.

Soldato
Trying out Ultima Rom at the moment. Pretty good for those of you that want a Samsung 4.3 rom with light aosp theming.

Got 11 on now, seems good but a bit harder to get to grips with than 10.2, I can't even add another page to my homescreen yet!

The love/hate android cycle continues, every other week there's a new 'must try' ROM out :)

Soldato
I am about to throw my S3 at a wall.

Constant freezing and rebooting. Think the degraded eMMC issue has just hit it.

Am rooted , have formatted, reset to factory, wiped data and installed clean custom roms. Same issue.

Infuriating.

Soldato
Hi Folks,

Hoping one of you can point me in the right direction, im trying to improve my battery life, could someone take a look at the betterbatterystats screenies and advise???

After a quick look,

you phone is awake for 4 hrs and screen on is only 1.5hrs. You phone has a few wakelocks that need sorting.

2 things you can do - NLP Wakelock is to do with google services, delete the data and cache on Google play services, uninstall updates, then reinstall after reboot. Also clear data on Google services framework (before the reboot).

Power manager service can sometimes be fixed with a reboot and battery pull for a few mins.

Last edited:
Soldato
I am about to throw my S3 at a wall.

Constant freezing and rebooting. Think the degraded eMMC issue has just hit it.

Am rooted , have formatted, reset to factory, wiped data and installed clean custom roms. Same issue.

Infuriating.

Send it back to Samsung, free replacement 2 years warranty!!

Soldato
There's a voice that keeps on calling me.
After a quick look,

you phone is awake for 4 hrs and screen on is only 1.5hrs. You phone has a few wakelocks that need sorting.

2 things you can do - NLP Wakelock is to do with google services, delete the data and cache on Google play services, uninstall updates, then reinstall after reboot. Also clear data on Google services framework (before the reboot).

Power manager service can sometimes be fixed with a reboot and battery pull for a few mins.

Thanks buddy, will give that a go.

Back
Top Bottom