**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S10 Family Thread ****

Soldato
While you couldn't have predicted these problems with the S10e, why did you bin the P30 Pro out of interest?

Camera colours were just way out, seems algorithm was struggling even though the hardware was there. Posted plenty of examples in the thread in this sub forum. Also now that I've tried video on the S10e, video abilities on the Huawei are very much lacking in comparison.

This is a personal one to my use case but lack of headphone jack was a pain too.

Soldato
Does the scanner not work with the Dome Glass? I read somewhere that it did. Downside of the plastic ones is they never 'feel' as good as glass. My finger prints wear due to manual job so for me the finger print scanner never works reliably so don't use it. I don't have an S10 either but did think about it when I had issues with the camera on my S9+.

Nope, won't even register a fingerprint, it just tells you to clean the sensor. After a day with the plastic protector I'm happy enough to leave it on, it isn't as nice to touch but you don't really notice it unless your fingernail touches the screen. It's a lot softer than the glass ones so I'll probably be changing it every few months but at £6 for 3 it's cheap.

I would go for a baked on one but the reviews regarding the sensor are even mixed on those.

Soldato
I know this doesn't help you in this situation but I suspect the issue is compatibility with android full stop not your specific phone.

The reason I asked is a few years back I had issues with various forms of android and car bluetooth, especially earlier bluetooth kits and often with earlier android versions. never with iPhones, again I think it might be something about the volume of identical handsets vs android's foibles. You can probably see that in the fact your replacement is the same.

Frustrating for sure.. might be worth seeing if there's any sort of software update VAG can do.

Soldato
I know this doesn't help you in this situation but I suspect the issue is compatibility with android full stop not your specific phone.

The reason I asked is a few years back I had issues with various forms of android and car bluetooth, especially earlier bluetooth kits and often with earlier android versions. never with iPhones, again I think it might be something about the volume of identical handsets vs android's foibles. You can probably see that in the fact your replacement is the same.

Frustrating for sure.. might be worth seeing if there's any sort of software update VAG can do.

For reference , it’s a problem iPhone has also.
Can’t begin to tell you how many people we get over launch week saying “my new iPhone won’t connect to <insert car here> Bluetooth ... my iPhone was fine!!” Etc etc

Soldato
Well I'm down to 73% with 59 mins screen on time. I'm going to send it back for good which is a shame. :(
What was the standby time on that? In the grand scheme of things those figures aren't that bad. If you were at 80% with 59mins SOT then that equates to 5 hours for the full battery which is decent for the Samsungs.
I think the most I ever managed was around 6.5hrs just the other day. That was on a 6hr flight so I had airplane mode activated but pretty much watched videos the entire time. I normally get around 5.
As mentioned

Soldato
I ordered the Samsung screen protector as I didn't mind the original... Unfortunately the protector isn't as well fitted as the as the original which is annoying.

So now I'm in the hunt for a new one.

Just a heads up incase anyone else is considering it.

Associate
Just moved back to Samsung after quite a while. Got the mrs a new s10e and I blagged a basically brand new s10 on ebay for £390 so quite happy with that.

On that subject - some of the phones sold on eba will have been upgrades to a contract and being sold as an unwanted upgrade. What would happen if the original owner became in breach of the contract?

Soldato
On that subject - some of the phones sold on eba will have been upgrades to a contract and being sold as an unwanted upgrade. What would happen if the original owner became in breach of the contract?

Nothing, the handsets aren't tied to the contract like that.

The only risk is if it's insured and claimed on as the IMEI would get barred then but that's proper fraud.

Associate
Nothing, the handsets aren't tied to the contract like that.

The only risk is if it's insured and claimed on as the IMEI would get barred then but that's proper fraud.

OK. I just imagined that someone got an 'upgrade' and starts a 24 month and then sells the new phone. Original owner then defaults on the contract and the phone co then barred the phone via the IMEI? I asked because I had chance of an S10 (not ebay) that was on a Vodafone contract, and locked to Voda. I'm on Voda anyway and in back of my head I wondered if the fella didn't pay his monthly fee to Voda (possible in this case) I could end up with a locked or blacklisted phone? So doesn't work like that? I passed on the S10 anyway :rolleyes:

Associate
can somebody point me in the direction of a good screen protector? The factory fitted plastic one is starting to look pretty scratched after 6 months so need to replace.

Soldato
OK. I just imagined that someone got an 'upgrade' and starts a 24 month and then sells the new phone. Original owner then defaults on the contract and the phone co then barred the phone via the IMEI? I asked because I had chance of an S10 (not ebay) that was on a Vodafone contract, and locked to Voda. I'm on Voda anyway and in back of my head I wondered if the fella didn't pay his monthly fee to Voda (possible in this case) I could end up with a locked or blacklisted phone? So doesn't work like that? I passed on the S10 anyway :rolleyes:

Nope. The handset isn't linked like that. I guess if they'd taken some sort of phone finance deal it might end up barred but not just by getting a handset free or reduced. So I couldn't say for certain on something like O2 refresh for example as you're discreetly paying a specific amount monthly for the phone which is separate from the line.

Unlikely though, like I say the insurance thing is by far the more likely risk

Associate
LTE performance is absolutely shocking.

Managed around 12 hours yesterday 8-8 and was looking at around 2 hours screen time at the most.

Battery graph was basically a diagonal line. Think I'll have to look at swapping it for something else.

S10e
Latest August update.

Back
Top Bottom