**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S10 Family Thread ****

Soldato
New phones are here. Moved from a white one to a green one. Not sure I like the green but I do like that the screen hasn't got cracks in it. Shall let the mrs have the White one and get samsung to repair my other white one I think.

Have also claimed the two watches and the claims were accepted instantly so hopefully a relatively quick turn around on the freebies. Mind you the email recons 45 days which is a fairly long time to wait for new toys. What is the watch even like? Any good?
Mind telling me where you got yours?
Other half is thinking of getting one and just looking for the best prices available

Man of Honour
Mind telling me where you got yours?
Other half is thinking of getting one and just looking for the best prices available

I just walked into vodafone and bought them, could have possibly got a better deal elswere but it worked out pretty well in the end.

Soldato
My contract is due for renewal next month and with the S20 announcement due next month would now be a good time to get an S10e or would I be worth waiting until after the release of the S20 phones?

I currently have an S9 and like the size of it but the deals on the S10e are excellent at the moment and I really like the look and style of the phone (plus with all the rumor's leading towards the S20 not having a smaller "S20e" and missing the headphone jack I think the S10e if the next phone for me.

essentially, do the prices of the previous generation of phones normally crash after the release of the new one or would I be waiting months before its likely to happen?

Soldato
My contract is due for renewal next month and with the S20 announcement due next month would now be a good time to get an S10e or would I be worth waiting until after the release of the S20 phones?

I currently have an S9 and like the size of it but the deals on the S10e are excellent at the moment and I really like the look and style of the phone (plus with all the rumor's leading towards the S20 not having a smaller "S20e" and missing the headphone jack I think the S10e if the next phone for me.

essentially, do the prices of the previous generation of phones normally crash after the release of the new one or would I be waiting months before its likely to happen?
It's a double edged sword that one. Logic would dictate that once the S20 comes out the market (i.e. eBay) would be flooded with S10 variants thus lowering the price. However, imagine you already have an S10e and are patiently waiting for the S20. S20 comes out and it's a dud, or to be fairer, not worthwhile to upgrade. This would lead to people holding on to their S10's. Furthermore, there will be many others looking to jump on discarded S10's following the S20 release that could lead to prices going up. It's a conundrum for sure!

FYI, the S10e is a truly excellent phone. Just perusing the prices I can't really see the S10e falling much lower (for new). Samsung phones tend to depreciate early doors so I'd say if you are content to try used/second hand then anything around £350 would be a decent price.

Soldato
Ever since I updated to 10 my software update option has been greyed out, like I can't force it to check for updates.. anyone else got that?

I assumed there'd be a flurry of updates given it's a major OS update?

Soldato
Fine as in if the feeling took you you could just sit tapping for it to try and manually update all day if you like?

it's weird, mine says it last checked today so that's fine but I can't force it to...

Permabanned
S10 Plus is on the way!

First tiem going back to Samsung in years, really missed that screen...

Can anyone recommend me a company for decent insurance? Looked at a few this morning but the user reviews for most have been shocking. Don't really wanna be paying more then a tenner a month.

Soldato
Public transport here mate and I don't really travel... will look into it though, cheers!
I'd also suggest just checking any perks for any existing bank accounts you already have. I only discovered a few years ago that one of mine included mobile insurance.

Soldato
Anyone own S10 5G? Being quite possibly the last Samsung flagship with a 3.5mm jack, 5G (which Three are rolling out in my area soon) and plenty of cameras, it looks relatively futureproof for my needs. Red high street store that rhymes with sex sells Vodafone versions (which look easy to unlock) for £505 so reasonable price if I factor in selling current S10e.

Trouble is the reason why I'm selling S10e which is the Exynos battery life and this review isn't inspiring confidence:

We used the Samsung Galaxy S10 5G for three days in South Korea, where we were using the handset’s 5G connection as a hotspot for our other devices for several hours each day, and the battery life was impressive. We managed to get through a whole day (7am until midnight) on a single charge, with still double digits left in the tank by the time we got to bed.

On the other hand, the Galaxy S10 5G we tested in the UK couldn’t get us anywhere close to such a long day with intensive use, especially when we used the camera and hotspot liberally.

Goes on to talk about difference in SoCs, etc. So does anyone own one here and what are the experiences?

Soldato
CPW have the S10 5g (new) with free watch for £820 total over 24 months 20gb data, less possible cashback.

If you're not in a contract, that would be better than a 2nd hand phone from the place you mentioned.

Check out hotukdeals for the link.

Edit - I have no personal experience with the battery on that phone. I do have a Note 10+ and am personally happy with the battery performance on the Exynos chip.

Permabanned
Loving the Plus so far, but the battery life is seriously disappointing. Been through all the analytics and can't really find anything that's stressing it too hard yet only getting about 4.5 hrs SOT.

Back
Top Bottom