**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S20 Family Thread ****

Soldato
Edit: I'm thinking I need to be in the upgrade program for 12 months before i can upgrade? But there are others stating they are trading in their note 10+ which is less than 12 months old?

I think you need to make 11 or 12 payments on the upgrade program before you're eligible to get a new phone. The people 'trading in' their Note 10+ phones are using the Samsung trade in offer where they give cash off the price of an S20 when you send in your old phone. Last I checked, that was £450 for a Note 10+ (so not really worth it imo).

Associate
Sounds like you've had the same deal as me with s10 through the samsung website...20 a month through klarna on a 24 month? Upgrading to the s20 ultra, what happens to the remaining 12 months of the s10 contract?

When you return your old phone the remaining balance is then cleared so that you are only paying for the new agreement. I was being charged for both as they didn't send me my return pack. I then eventually received it and they immediately finished the original agreement and refunded the over payments that I'd made against it so that I wasn't out of pocket. They will only charge for both if you don't return the trade in phone.

Soldato
Discount through work is up for the accessories so 10% off with an additional 5% cashback :) Ordered the leather cover and clear one for the S10. Looks like the shipping dates have pushed out to the 9th rather than the 8th now.

Soldato
I see they have capped the trade in of any old android phone to £35, bugger, last time it was £200 when I got the Note 10 + 5G

They pretty much added 200 quid across the board to their trade in values back then. It's a shame they haven't done something similar this time. They must be confident of shifting some units at release prices.

Associate
Well i just sorted my upgrade i went for the 512gb Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G with ee. i ahd £368 left on my current contract which they wiped ofc doing a trade in of my note 9,
and free white earbuds+ to boot.
Happy days

Soldato
Now to um and ar over which 5g network.

Currently EE 4g Sim only (have been since like 2008) but their 5g Prices are an absolute joke next to Vodafone and Three

Deleted member 209350

D

Deleted member 209350

Now to um and ar over which 5g network.

Currently EE 4g Sim only (have been since like 2008) but their 5g Prices are an absolute joke next to Vodafone and Three

What are the 5G prices like for all the companies? I did hear that EE offer the fastest speeds in general though, but not sure how much faster

Soldato
I would love to see these phones in the flesh just to see the screen. I think the trend for curved displays is ridiculous (as he types on his OnePlus 7T Pro :p). Liking the fact it seems Samsung have backtracked on the curve (to an extent). But just interested to see what it's like in the hand.

Associate
Stupid question

I can use a 5G phone with my 4G sim card, right?

Yes, that is what I do, I only bought 5G just because I may want it in the future if I hang on to the phone for a few years but don't plan to pay extra on a phone plan for the privilege, 4G is good enough for my needs right now. In fact I have even changed the phone to not search for 5G in connection settings, my assumption being it will probably help battery life if its a separate chipset for 5G, not sure if it is or not.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Any one having problems with the Samsung site? When I log in I get a white background when it comes to displaying any details e.g. previous orders, my address.

And it claims my (Note 9) order doesn't exist despite getting all of the details from an email, sent by Samsung.

Edit - am I still eligible? Bought my Note 9 in ~September 2018 after trading in my Note 8 and it seems I also bought my wife's S10e in ~March 2019, trading in her S6 Edge on the same account. It seems to allow me to upgrade with the S10e but I obviously don't want to do that.

Last edited:
Soldato
Of all those quote you gathered not one person thought the buds came in the box. I was talking about 15pc off vouchers offered to samsung members, as was the poster mentioning tracking cookies.

So yes, we all gather the buds are for preorders.

At least 2 did a bad job of showing it but it's nice you checked.

Caporegime
I want the S20 Ultra camera features but I am worried the weight and size would be too much for my TINY MAN HANDS.*

*Actually according to the internet they are bang on being average size at 7.44 inches

Deleted member 209350

D

Deleted member 209350

Vodafone don't have a 5G price it seems, simply a contract price. It's available on all Vodafone Red Plans with 5GB of data or more.

https://www.vodafone.co.uk/network/5g#noextracost

Oh wow, so 5G is essentially free for Vodafone users? Thats great tbh. Im already part of vodafone, so once I get a 5G phone I assume Id automatically start connecting to 5G networks when they are available?

Back
Top Bottom