**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S20 Family Thread ****

Soldato
That will be browser and keyboard settings

Swiftkey keyboard lets you double tab space for a full stop. I use that
Has for browser scroll up by tap from what I can see Google Chrome doesn't support that.

Again doesn't mean Android doesn't support what you asking it's just you need to find the application for your needs. The possibilities with Android are endless.
Tap to scroll is supported on Chrome on ioS, well every app it's available for.

I would like to move back to Android but ioS is too familiar now.

Soldato
Your stock browser or or keyboard is an App lol
I meant different apps to be able to do basic stuff like you get with ioS.

I don't want to have to download a different keyboard just to allow me to add a full stop after a sentence, or download an app that lets me enable scrolling with a single tap.

Does Swiftkey come as the default keyboard?

Soldato
I meant different apps to be able to do basic stuff like you get with ioS.

I don't want to have to download a different keyboard just to allow me to add a full stop after a sentence, or download an app that lets me enable scrolling with a single tap.

Does Swiftkey come as the default keyboard?
Not on any android phones that I'm aware of. It's a simple download and change your default keyboard. I appreciate you like your home comforts out of the box and that's fine, iOS has you covered. But to say an OS is lacking because it is missing a feature you need by default isn't very objective. I could just as easily say iOS is utter pants because I can't change my app icons or set a third party email client as my default etc.

Associate
I want to get more into health/sleep tracking but most smart watches are a pain with the battery life. So I am looking at Withings and they have some great kit with a new smart watch due to be released soon.

I only use my Apple Watch for notifications mainly which just makes me look at my phone.

I could swap my iPhone 11 Pro Max 256Gb, Series 4 Stainless Apple Watch and AirPods Pro for the following:

Samsung S20 Ultra 512Gb
Samsung LED cover
Sony WF-1000MX3 Wireless Buds
Withings Smart Scan Watch https://www.withings.com/uk/en/scanwatch

Plus these extras look good...

Withings Scales https://www.withings.com/uk/en/body-cardio
Withings Blood Pressure Monitor https://www.withings.com/uk/en/blood-pressure-monitors
Withings Sleep Mat https://www.withings.com/uk/en/sleep

If i am correct i watched a few videos on there stuff they was saying i have no idea if this was correct, but nokia bought the company, and they sold it back to the original person who sold it to nokia, and they was saying the support might not be there.

Soldato
Not on any android phones that I'm aware of. It's a simple download and change your default keyboard. I appreciate you like your home comforts out of the box and that's fine, iOS has you covered. But to say an OS is lacking because it is missing a feature you need by default isn't very objective. I could just as easily say iOS is utter pants because I can't change my app icons or set a third party email client as my default etc.
No you can’t but if you wanted to, you can delete the stock Mail app you get with iOS and use Gmail etc instead, granted you do have to use a 3rd party app though.

It’s just a few small things I appreciate with iOS that keep me using it.

Associate
Not in Android Chrome, atleast I cant get it to do that. You have to tape the menu, then find I'm page, then the word your want, it's only one more step but it's just annoying.

ah I misunderstood you, you want to find a word on the page not search for something related to word you've typed

Associate
I didn't even know I could do that with the camera, it is not enabled by default on my S10, so I always slide up from the corners but it is not very reliable especially when taking rugby shots of my daughter in the rain, particularly if I am one handed holding a coffee and I want to get in quick, so nice tip, just enabled the double press, will make one handed camera use much easier :cool:

I also enabled the double press for full stop, it is actually nicer to use, so if anything this iOS - Android bitch fest :p is getting some nice tips for me :D

Back
Top Bottom