**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S21 Family Thread ****

Soldato
I've also noticed the percentages don't add up. For example the first 5 add up to about35% then there's a few 0.1%ers but no where near the massive drain I'm seeing.

Associate
Does any ever notice any sound quality differences if you start playing audio when the screen is off, compared to when the phone is in use?
I go from a "flat" sound to a more "expansive" Dolby Atmos like sound if I unlock the phone after audio has already started playing when the screen was off.
I don't understand why it isn't constant, when the phone is on/off. I didn't have this issue with a S9+.
Switching the screen on isn't always an option, especially in the middle of the night.

Phone S21. App: Listen Audiobook Player. Audio: Any audiobook. I've not tried any other player or music.

Thanks.

Soldato
What do people use as an alternative to smart view? It doesn't find my tv and when I looked it up people are saying its been broken since Android version 11, we're now on 12.

Associate
What do people use as an alternative to smart view? It doesn't find my tv and when I looked it up people are saying its been broken since Android version 11, we're now on 12.
I've just tested it out and it works OK for me.
Are you using a Firewall on your phone? I had to configure mine differently to get it working. Initially it wouldn't work at all.

Soldato
I've just tested it out and it works OK for me.
Are you using a Firewall on your phone? I had to configure mine differently to get it working. Initially it wouldn't work at all.

Hmm firewall on my phone? Where do I look for that option?

On my old S4 phone it connected easily.. and the weird thing is I can cast youtube videos to the tv, just not the screen.

Associate
Hmm firewall on my phone? Where do I look for that option?

On my old S4 phone it connected easily.. and the weird thing is I can cast youtube videos to the tv, just not the screen.
The Firewall would need to be downloaded as an App.
It doesn't sound you've got one installed. Sorry, I don't know what else to suggest.

Soldato
The Firewall would need to be downloaded as an App.
It doesn't sound you've got one installed. Sorry, I don't know what else to suggest.

I figured out the problem. I had to turn the wifi direct setting on with the LG Smart TV. I've never had to do that before, as because apps like Youtube still casted to the tv without it.

Soldato
Is anyone having any weird issues with the latest software Android 12?

Mine updated last week, and the pull down menu toggles seems to have an issue with the screen rotate icon needing more than one press.

Moving the icon to a different position doesn't change its behaviour, and all the other toggles work fine.
gXATpdH.jpeg

Well finally after several updates and no fix for this (I even reset the phone)...The latest OTA fixed the issue :)

Soldato
This may be a bit pointless :D

But as the sky is clear tonight, I decided to take a photo of the moon as its probably the only time I would ever use the x100 'zoom'
No special filters or tweaks, just camera on Auto.

DTu6qaB.jpeg

Soldato
Has anyone tried the new Samsung camera app yet? It's called Expert Raw, and obviously it's to take photos in raw format. But blinking el, it's a very good simple app to have manual control over each lens on the back of the camera, and takes stunning pictures without the usual guff going off in the normal camera app.

It's not available over here yet, as I think it's being trialed in South Korea. But you can get the latest version from XDA.
https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/samsung-expert-raw-app.4366129/

Back
Top Bottom