**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S22 Family Thread ****

Soldato
Still undecided. On S20 currently.
Had a play with with all 3 versions today. S22 is super compact, but have woes about battery, why did they make it smaller? S22Plus has ideal size, but then why settle with it, when not that much more buys you ultra. I don't really like the squared note-like design as it's less comfortable to hold imho, but case will take care of that. But at the same time I want the best camera. couldn't care less about the s-pen.

Can get them effectively for 150 (regular S22) 350 (Plus) 550 (Ultra), after all the trade ins and incentives. the question is, are the step ups worth it? i upgraded annually since S5, but S21 was first where i felt the existing is good enough, in fact S21 was a downgrade.

I'll also be over the pond shortly, so can pick up SD version if it proves much better? but the comparison reviews between SD/EX variants on battery life, throttling, camera performance are nowhere to be seen yet.
I really want to put my order in, just unsure for which version.

That's what I'm waiting for, but not sure if they will be too late for a pre-order. I want to see some reviews not just first impressions. Coming from a S10 it's going to be a small step up regardless.

Soldato
Very happy with my pre-order after watching this. It's going to be a mammoth upgrade in the camera department for my S10+.

Yes it all very promising.
I'm also loving the look of the squared screen. Will have to see if it digs into the palm.

Cases arrived, thanks @kona786 for the heads up on the sales!

Nice one. I got the green Parralex yesterday and its nice. Bargain.

Have you got a fast charger?

nam

nam

Soldato
Me tho they said 21st for collection and that was in 2 different Samsung stores

they told me at my local Westfield samsung store when they took a deposit that I would need to come in for the trade-in and collection on 22nd , but great if it is sooner :)

Soldato
True, but the specs are better like CPU, and the trade in price is really good?
Trade-in price is bit of a red herring as without it I'm sure most people wouldn't upgrade as this really isn't much of a upgrade more of a refresh of the S21U. The base model is a joke, so starting price is £1250 which for what it is just too much. Which I feel Samsung knew but instead of reducing the handset price they decided to offer generous trade-ins.

anyone else here going to there local samsung store for trade-in & collection on 22nd ?
I don't have a date, paid off the outstanding balance. Told they would call me when the phone arrives and bring in my trade-in when collecting. I'm trading in my main phone so I need to do a data transfer in store too...which is a PITA.

Soldato
Trading price is bit of a red herring as without it I'm sure most people wouldn't upgrade as this really isn't much of a upgrade more of a refresh of the S21U. The base model is a joke, so entry price is £1250 which for is just for what it is.

I don't have a date, paid off the outstanding balance. Told they would call me when the phone arrives and bring in my trade-in when collecting. I'm trading in my main phone so I need to do a data transfer in store too...which is a PITA.

I'm going to backk up to pc and a USB dingle + one drive and format before picking up. Really wish I had been able to order online so easy to transfer then send phone off few days later for the trade. Also doing via a store leaves me with no phone if I change my mind later

Man of Honour
People need to look at it from a different standpoint. the S21 has had a year or so of steady updates that has improved everything about it since launch, just like the S20 did before it. The S22 is already slightly better in tests before it's launched and reviewers have been sent them without any embargo etc which is a good thing and certainly not what you normally see.

Given that the S22 series is slightly better than the S21 so close to launch only highlights that just like the S20 and 21, several months from now it can only get better still.

I'm looking forward to seeing what this new Exynos 2200 is able to achieve for power draw and the camera processing as the S20's Exynos has been really really good for me since going to Android 12. Both SD and Exynos are new chipsets too, so I guess it's kind of expected that updates will bring new features and refinements as time goes on.

Don't forget 4 years of major Android updates is promised.

Early review units with no embargo, 4 years of updates... I think Samsung are leaning on confidence here for a reason.

Soldato
People need to look at it from a different standpoint. the S21 has had a year or so of steady updates that has improved everything about it since launch, just like the S20 did before it. The S22 is already slightly better in tests before it's launched and reviewers have been sent them without any embargo etc which is a good thing and certainly not what you normally see.

Given that the S22 series is slightly better than the S21 so close to launch only highlights that just like the S20 and 21, several months from now it can only get better still.

I'm looking forward to seeing what this new Exynos 2200 is able to achieve for power draw and the camera processing as the S20's Exynos has been really really good for me since going to Android 12.

I see raw app is coming on the 25th as well

https://www.sammobile.com/news/expert-raw-app-available-more-samsung-devices-feb-25/

Back
Top Bottom