**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S22 Family Thread ****

Man of Honour
Hmm I saw no difference in trade in cost choosing an exclusive colour for my S20 5G, was £440 whatever colour I picked. Chose the 512GB Graphite. The Samsung website tradein value should be much higher than in store too as they currently have a promotion bonus until the 24th or 25th iirc.

Soldato
Hmm I saw no difference in trade in cost choosing an exclusive colour for my S20 5G, was £440 whatever colour I picked. Chose the 512GB Graphite. The Samsung website tradein value should be much higher than in store too as they currently have a promotion bonus until the 24th or 25th iirc.

Can't get imgur to work for me lately , 2 prices below

https://prnt.sc/26x619m < -- Graphite

https://prnt.sc/26x65ru <-- Burgundy

Man of Honour
Can't get imgur to work for me lately , 2 prices below

https://prnt.sc/26x619m < -- Graphite

https://prnt.sc/26x65ru <-- Burgundy

Ah I just tried this and yes you are right but seems a little sneaky, because I selected the trade in first as it defaults the colour to black, then entered the IMEI as requested and once the trade in bit was completed I then selected the Graphite colour which did not adjust the trade in price as it was already in the basket.

Hopefully that works but if it does not then Samsung have changed the pricing on the system it would seem.

I ordered both an S22 Ultra and an S22, both in Graphite and both on the same evening with the full trade in price for 2 phones.

Soldato
Didn't realise this but the exclusive colours have a satin black midframe whilst the normal colours are colour matched to whatever main colour you buy. Don't know about you guys but I'm all about that stealth black mid-frame :D

mUSwRol.png

That is going to look so good in person.

It's like back in the 80's when boggo cars had black bumpers :D.

It works well on the Graphite model

Man of Honour
That's why I was more inclined to get a 45w at £20 as it would be usable on other phones too for fast charging. I would never buy the Samsung one at a premium given the difference is minutes lol.Samsung have obviously limited the charging rate even though it's 45 watts - Probably will be this way forever as they don't want a Note 7 again.

I should hopefully be getting the redmagic 7 Pro at some point soon which has 165 watt charging so will be interesting to see just how quick that is in reality.

Associate
Ah I just tried this and yes you are right but seems a little sneaky, because I selected the trade in first as it defaults the colour to black, then entered the IMEI as requested and once the trade in bit was completed I then selected the Graphite colour which did not adjust the trade in price as it was already in the basket.

Hopefully that works but if it does not then Samsung have changed the pricing on the system it would seem.

I ordered both an S22 Ultra and an S22, both in Graphite and both on the same evening with the full trade in price for 2 phones.

i also noticed this when playing with the options now but on my order confirmation on the website it does say trade in for £490 whch is the full price. wonder if its a glitch or an actual change in pricing from samsung

I'm quite annoyed there isn't an SD card slot. That would have made this feel less like a downgrade from S20 Ultra, that and the lack of PSU. I'm also thinking that I will be keeping my next phone for four years. It might outlive me. It really seems the only reason to update is the S pen but I'm not exactly thrilled about having that. I had a Galaxy Tab a few years ago and found using the pen was a pia compared to just tapping the screen with a finger. I used it a bit but I am no artist so I think it will mostly just not be used. I guess I will see once I get it, I sort of see the appeal of writing a quick note but not sure how I'll use that in reality. Maybe shopping lists. I think the pen is useful for finer detail but as you have a nice large screen, stabbing it with my finger is generally pretty accurate.

Soldato
Some of those battery test videos do not reflect real world use. Sure it is a comparison as all phones are performing the same tasks but theres no way of knowing whats going on behind the scenes.

Who's buying their phone and doing that :cry:
Things like connecting to android auto, signal strength, 4g,5g and WiFi are all variables to the battery life.

Same guy claims less than 3 hrs screen on time but the second video s22 runs for 13hrs on the browsing test. Something not adding up there

Historically Samsungs improve with learning and software updates so I'm not concerned.

20 mins for ~50% and 1hr for a full charge is in no way lame.

Last edited:
Associate
Just noticed on the exclusive colours you get fair bit less on trade in £570(£590 instore) for my N20U 5G for standard colours vs £420 if I pick the Graphite that's £ 150-170 less think I'll pass .

I got £570 trade in for my Note 20 ultra against the exclusive Red S22 Ultra. I probably would have gone for another colour if they knocked the trade in down a bit.

Soldato
Btw i am pretty sure when you start to go in the realm of higher wattage chargers you also need to upgrade your cables also. the standard cables Samsung provides do not contain the emarker required.

Given the paltry speeds were getting with the 45W brick I don't think that'll be an issue.

Also, 45W is achieved @ 3A. So nothing drastic, any half decent cable can run that.

I'm not sure how Samsung is getting away with advertising 45W charging.

Last edited:

A2Z

A2Z

Soldato
Pretty lame performance from the 45W Charger over 25W

There's talk that the old 45W charger is used, which was known to throttle the charging speed. Apparently the new 45W charger that is being released for the S22U does not throttle.

Hopefully when people get theirs they can test a few different chargers and we can see what the real speeds are.

Soldato
There's talk that the old 45W charger is used, which was known to throttle the charging speed. Apparently the new 45W charger that is being released for the S22U does not throttle.

Hopefully when people get theirs they can test a few different chargers and we can see what the real speeds are.

I find that hard to believe but we'll see. It would have been made news long ago and would have been withdrawn from sale.

Back
Top Bottom