**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S22 Family Thread ****

Associate
Must say I'm really impressed with battery life so far in day to day usage , was a bit concerned with this but very happy thus far.

Can you show us the list of the apps you removed via adb. I have removed a few but not too sure how far to go without causing problems on the phone.

First thing out was all the facebook crap.

Cheers

With the money you get from the buds you're quids in to buy your 80s earphones.

You would probably get a better pair if you spent some money, even old 80's ones. I tend to stick with Jaybirds as I like the sound quality and comfort. I got myself some Vista 2s and they are great.

nam

nam

Soldato
got the galaxy buds 2 with the S21 sold on ebay , the galaxy buds Pro will be going on CEX but value has already dropped :D

best purchase i made with the money was getting bose qc35ii in the last BF sale, so much quality and different league.

I never used the old headphones but could have in an emergency. I imagine that, like me, most people will spend a few quid on good headphones. Those Galaxy buds are a waste of time imo.

Soldato
So.... What am I supposed to use this S pen thing for then? Im glad to see it reminds you if you leave it out. fnarr fnarr. I have drawn a penis and boobs and that's about my skill level.

A good use is to remotely trigger the camera for much better pictures for your OnlyFans. That's what I'm going to use it for, and yea, doing rude drawings and stuff.

Soldato
So.... What am I supposed to use this S pen thing for then? Im glad to see it reminds you if you leave it out. fnarr fnarr. I have drawn a penis and boobs and that's about my skill level.

It is useful for drawing peepee"s on people in photos

Seriously it has so many uses great for copy and paste more acturate then a finger, remote use of camera as previously stated etc

Soldato
More logical than interesting tbf, he says for his usage the vibration motor axis works better for him because the S21 flat on a desk vibrates more audibly than the S22, even though the haptics in the hand are very good between them both.
Logical to someone who’s cash is of concern but in his case… no not really applicable.
Perhaps he’s trying to make some sort of point against Samsung for whatever reasons but even to the biggest Samsung fanboy its a pretty damning closing comment to say “nah I’ll pass on this and stay with last years revision instead” regardless of how nicely it vibrates.

Man of Honour
I don't see it as a damming statement a single bit though, it's pretty clear the phone is great, and whilst it has improvements over the S21 Ultra, depending on individual needs, they may not be worth the extra cost. MKB covers all that perfectly and I didn't think any part of his review highlighted an outright flaw in the Ultra at all really.

The only real gripe he had was the curved edge of the display, but that again is a pure preference thing. Many of us had the Note edge/S7 edge back in the day and know what annoying edge displays are all about lol, but then they were slimmed down considerably by the time the S8 series came out. Personally I am indifferent, long as the edge curve is subtle which this appears to be.

No it doesnt, that looks like your average teenagers phone to play Roblox on, its bloody awful.

I actually have that phone, it is brilliant as a gaming phone and comes with a 65W charger and actually charges at those speed too. But it is only good as a gaming phone and does not compete with any Samsung flagship on any other thing. It is priced just to be a gaming phone though...

Last edited:
Well, Disney plus would be a complete waste of money if you payed for it. What a load of rubbish.

This upgrade has been a hell of a lot smoother for me than the S20 was. The S20U was hellish to use for the first few months, I would lose calls and miss calls. I have had a little bit of lag once but I suspect the software update will fix many issues. I think there is supposed to be an update on Friday, release day.

nam

nam

Soldato
my standard black S22 u 512gb arrives tomorrow was supposed to arrive on Saturday. oh well will have a day to go through smart switch transfer process

Soldato
Some exclusive colours have started production now and emails have been sent out. Not had mine yet.

I would say the exclusive colours are 100% not worth it on this device (unless you are using a clear case, I guess?!), the anodising is awful and very susceptible to scuffs. I don't think it's worth waiting for those exclusive colours with those lead times. If you aren't using a case on this phone (and it looks like you aren't intending to) then expect it to look very used after a few weeks of normal use, the back is an absolute magnet for blemishes!

Day 3 and I'm getting around 5.5 hours SoT, it's definitely improving as the days go on.

Last edited:
Associate
my standard black S22 u 512gb arrives tomorrow was supposed to arrive on Saturday. oh well will have a day to go through smart switch transfer process
Just a small tip for those who don't know, you can use smart switch on your PC to back up your old phone to transfer over at a later date if required.

Last edited:
Soldato
I would say the exclusive colours are 100% not worth it on this device (unless you are using a clear case, I guess?!), the anodising is awful and very susceptible to scuffs. I don't think it's worth waiting for those exclusive colours with those lead times. If you aren't using a case on this phone (and it looks like you aren't intending to) then expect it to look very used after a few weeks of normal use, the back is an absolute magnet for blemishes!

Guess that depends on how much you care about waiting a little. I'll be using a case, it won't be clear and I don't mind waiting. It's been 3 years since my last new phone, so an additional month isn't much. Plus hopefully any issues will have been sorted/patched by then ready for an immediate software update.

Back
Top Bottom