**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S22 Family Thread ****

Soldato
The thing that really grates with Samsung keyboard is the inability to control custom words. You have to input a custom word several times before it will be learnt and even used when typing. If an odd word comes up while typing that you want to remove from the dictionary or prediction there's no means to do this. Swype does this so easily, as soon as you input a word it doesn't know it asks would you like it added to the dictionary. If your typing and get fed up of a random word that gets predicted you can even delete it. It's word prediction is far superior also. But it doesn't have all the features of the Samsung keyboard.

And half way through this reply, Samsung keyboard couldn't come up with the word "prediction" I used above, so I switched straight back to Swype, and no problem. That didn't last long did it! :rolleyes:

Associate
Broke my S21U The other week and was at the end of my contract so just upgraded to the S22U.

Feels like a downgrade. Battery life is so much worse strangely. Gone from 8 to 9 hours screen on time to 5! Wtf? Loudspeaker is a lot worse too.

So confused about the battery life

Associate
Broke my S21U The other week and was at the end of my contract so just upgraded to the S22U.

Feels like a downgrade. Battery life is so much worse strangely. Gone from 8 to 9 hours screen on time to 5! Wtf? Loudspeaker is a lot worse too.

I'm very underwhelmed by the battery life , I'm hoping it's software and gets fixed...

I upgraded from my OnePlus 5T with about 70% battery health... And I now get worse battery life.

Associate
I'm very underwhelmed by the battery life , I'm hoping it's software and gets fixed...

I upgraded from my OnePlus 5T with about 70% battery health... And I now get worse battery life.
Very strange how most reviews report almost identical battery life. Loads of anecdotal reports on reddit, Samsung discord and XDA also complain battery life is seemingly a lot worse than their s21u. But also some people saying battery life is the same.

Must be some weird hardware or sw defect in many devices

Associate
Very strange how most reviews report almost identical battery life. Loads of anecdotal reports on reddit, Samsung discord and XDA also complain battery life is seemingly a lot worse than their s21u. But also some people saying battery life is the same.

Must be some weird hardware or sw defect in many devices
I don't know anyone else who has the S22U but I know a couple of people with the S21U and get over 7.5hrs of screen on with heavy usage, I'm lucky to get 5hrs of discord, WhatsApp, Edge and about 30 mins of gaming in there.

In almost every other way it's a huge leap, but to feel like I get the same, or even worse, battery than my dying OnePlus is sad

Caporegime

Was thinking about going S21U to S22U as there were some cheap deals last week. Think I'll leave it.

Soldato
I've had no problems with my S22U bluetooth on all day to my Watch5 pro fair bit of calling and whatsapp,email , net use + texts but no social media on my phone

Associate
Was thinking about going S21U to S22U as there were some cheap deals last week. Think I'll leave it.
I bought mine during the £200 sale, plus a 15% off coupon that stacked, so got the £1500 S22U 512gb for about £950ish including a charger.

Certainly not worth full price though, if there wasn't a sale I'd have gone for the plus - however I've had great time with the camera zoom!

Don't regret the purchase, but it's certainly heavily overpriced.

Soldato
I bought mine during the £200 sale, plus a 15% off coupon that stacked, so got the £1500 S22U 512gb for about £950ish including a charger.

Certainly not worth full price though, if there wasn't a sale I'd have gone for the plus - however I've had great time with the camera zoom!

Don't regret the purchase, but it's certainly heavily overpriced.

Like everything at the moment :mad:

Permabanned
Well if you're after the lastest specs with cost not an issue, then yes of course.

Actually and with Sky and a while back a new S22 Ultra was cheaper than the previous years new S21 Ultra, go figure?

But thanks, will wait for the S23 models now and choose from them.

Soldato
Actually and with Sky and a while back a new S22 Ultra was cheaper than the previous years new S21 Ultra, go figure?

But thanks, will wait for the S23 models now and choose from them.
Given you can get an S22U at a massive discount over release prices... The the S23U will certainly be more expensive than the S22U is now.

Back
Top Bottom