**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S23 Family Thread ****

Hmm so tempted. How long before the pre order perks end? Sure I saw something about the end of the month? Or maybe tomorrow as people are receiving phones then.

I guess I could always wait until the price drops? How long does it normally take Samsung to lower launch price? I've been a nexus/pixel users for a long time now.
as per price tracking website the first price drop for s22 ultra was around April

same here.... ordered on the 2nd and waiting to see when the order status will change... do not know if it plays a role that i also ordered a case and a screen protector. I think that everything needs to be available for the order to ship as one.
I don't think so. I ordered along with a watch that's not due until the 20th. I guess certain colours will ship sooner - graphite appears to be one that won't, unfortunately.

Sitting using my Zfold4 and the inner display is so gorgeous, I'm kind of sad to be getting rid of it for the s23u. If only the camera and battery life was better,i don't think I would be. Just don't think the Fold is quite ready yet.

S22U backed up to PC via USB-C. Windows reckoned just over 3 hours to copy 240GB odd, but it's been less than 1hr and it's some 65% complete lol. Nothing ever changes with "Windows Time". Will be interesting to see how fast the S23U is backing up to PC though since it uses UFS4.0 so considerably faster storage than the S22.

Last edited:
Be interested in pics from the main cam.

No way I'm upgrading from my S21U. Its 2.5x as expensive. But i am interested in its camera.
But 700gbp is too much for a camera upgrade

Last edited:
S22U backed up to PC via USB-C. Windows reckoned just over 3 hours to copy 240GB odd, but it's been less than 1hr and it's some 65% complete lol. Nothing ever changes with "Windows Time". Will be interesting to see how fast the S23U is backing up to PC though since it uses UFS4.0 so considerably faster storage than the S22.
Won't make any difference. UFS 3.1 can already supports data rates well in excess of what the USB interface is on these phones anyway.

Other factors at play will be the USB cable you're using. Many charging cables (and free included cables) aren't even USB 3 at all. That kinda makes sense for the speeds you're seeing. 65% of 240 GB in ~1 hour is only an average data rate of 44 MB/s, which is about what USB 2 supports (and 50 times slower than what UFS 3.1 supports!). I'd definitely double check the cable in use.

I'm using a dedicated USB 3.2 gen 2 data cabale so know it's fully capable. Connected to my mobo's USB-C 3.2 gen 2x2 port. The S22U during long USB transfers just gets slower the further into the transfer you get it seems, as if the controller's buffer bogs down after sustained read or something.

Last edited:
Finally pulled the trigger, S23U 512GB Sky Blue and clear case for £798. £280 trade in for OP8T along with the 2 10% offs. Let's see if TCB pays another 3% but doubt it. Hopefully sell my current Find X5P for £500ish.

Delivery 17th - don't mind waiting. Think waited about 6 weeks for the customer colour S21U and about 4 weeks for the custom S22U.

Last edited:
Fwiw I do this everytime with a new phone. I also hate android messing up timestamps so I use total commander on my phone. Normally I use the lan plugin and copy directly in the gui on the phone. Drag and drop to shared pc folder and then drag and drop back on the new phone.

This time I bought a kingston data traveler max usb c stick. Still used total commander but copied directly onto the USB. It was rapid!

Well I had nothing from Samsung or dpd overnight. Seems like another delivery nightmare from Samsung.

I order on the 1st Feb and others order later and get shipping notifications etc. First come last served lol.

Really cool for people that are getting it early, and I'm just miffed on principle of ordering before others yet they get it first and Samsung incompetence, as obviously wasn't expecting the phone until Monday 13th anyway.

The date of delivery info is super dodgy though, if I go to order a 1tb phantom black (my order) on the website now, it still says order now for delivery on the 7th lol.

For those who ordered an accessory along with the phone, are you getting 2 DPD tracking numbers, or just the one? I've got 2 tracking references (order S23 U + screen protector), but one could possibly for a Fold 3 which I'd sent for repair, and it could be a coincident that the new phone and the Fold 3 are coming back the same day.

For those who ordered an accessory along with the phone, are you getting 2 DPD tracking numbers, or just the one? I've got 2 tracking references (order S23 U + screen protector), but one could possibly for a Fold 3 which I'd sent for repair, and it could be a coincident that the new phone and the Fold 3 are coming back the same day.
Just one DPD delivery here , but Samsung shows both items are part of the delivery.

I was late to the party (only ordered two days ago) so there were no screen protectors in stock or any of the usual things I would order with a new phone, so I just trawled the Samsung shop for something cheap and in stock to get the 10% discount.

Back
Top Bottom