**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S23 Family Thread ****

For those who ordered an accessory along with the phone, are you getting 2 DPD tracking numbers, or just the one? I've got 2 tracking references (order S23 U + screen protector), but one could possibly for a Fold 3 which I'd sent for repair, and it could be a coincident that the new phone and the Fold 3 are coming back the same day.
I'm getting 3 items in total and they have their own order number even though I ordered them all on the same order. Laptop, phone and case.

For those who ordered an accessory along with the phone, are you getting 2 DPD tracking numbers, or just the one? I've got 2 tracking references (order S23 U + screen protector), but one could possibly for a Fold 3 which I'd sent for repair, and it could be a coincident that the new phone and the Fold 3 are coming back the same day.

My USB Flash drive was sent separately - new phone is still scheduled for a week or so away - Samsung will generally ship whatever is in stock immediately

Seeing on hotukdeals people are getting emails from Samsung saying their delivery for today has been delayed due to unforseen circumstances. Samsung are a shambles at this preoder stuff.

Fwiw I do this everytime with a new phone. I also hate android messing up timestamps so I use total commander on my phone. Normally I use the lan plugin and copy directly in the gui on the phone. Drag and drop to shared pc folder and then drag and drop back on the new phone.

This time I bought a kingston data traveler max usb c stick. Still used total commander but copied directly onto the USB. It was rapid!
I realised I could have done it much easier and quicker using FreeFileSync which I use for my other backups! So set it up last night and re-ran the backup. It's now a proper process and mirrors left to right, with updates, so the next run will be even quicker as it only needs to update changed files:

UbYH6S8.png

I realised I could have done it much easier and quicker using FreeFileSync which I use for my other backups! So set it up last night and re-ran the backup. It's now a proper process and mirrors left to right, with updates, so the next run will be even quicker as it only needs to update changed files:

UbYH6S8.png

Nice! Do you know if that method keeps pics timestamps intact? My biggest issue is that I have all my pics since WhatsApp started as well as camera pics. Both of which date from around 2010. Bloody hate the cloud storage for images and video.

Seeing on hotukdeals people are getting emails from Samsung saying their delivery for today has been delayed due to unforseen circumstances. Samsung are a shambles at this preoder stuff.
Might be DPD, I think. My phone has been away for repair, and the repair centre was saying DPD are a mess at he moment with delays from Christmas still impacting deliveries. Can't be easy scheduling 1000's of extra deliveries on one day?

"Your Samsung order will be delivered today by Ionut, your DPD driver, between 12:24 and 13:24. Your one hour timeslot can't be changed"

Looks like my delivery is set!

Nice! Do you know if that method keeps pics timestamps intact? My biggest issue is that I have all my pics since WhatsApp started as well as camera pics. Both of which date from around 2010. Bloody hate the cloud storage for images and video.

There are various options you can set for timestamp behaviour but I use the default and have just checked some phoots and the modified date matches between the backed up version and the version on the phone, so yep that seems all good.

If I manually copy the same photo from phone to PC either by Explorer via USB or via File Explorer and send it wirelessly via SMB then the modified flag in file properties changes on the copied version that lands on the PC to today's date.

Last edited:
That's sh**. I'm glad I'm getting mine today but there's no excuse for Samsung doing that, should be a queue for when people actually ordered, just seems they send it out to whoever regardless of when they placed their order.

Last edited:
So two parcels at the local depot, one out for delivery, other has no status change!
Screenshot-20230207-093004.jpg

I got a notification from DPD....for some dog chews I ordered yesterday. Those ****ers normally use DHL, my heart skipped a beat when the DPD icon popped up :(

I had an email notification that my Samsung order was due today, but it's for the screen protector - the black ultra 512 and (free..) buds2 pro are still preparing dispatch for the 13th.....

I originally ordered on the 1st but couldn't get any of the codes to work so cancelled and reordered on the 2nd and got both the 10%s to work so buds and phone were just about the same price as the original order for the phone.

It's going to be a long week.

So I rang Samsung to see what was happening and why some people are getting orders early, regardless of order date and what's happening with mine and if I'm getting it early or not.

Apparently I'm not, as my scheduled delivery is the 13th and that is the release date of the phone and she denied that the phone was being released early and pretty much accused me of lying that people are having theirs delivered today lol.

Back
Top Bottom