**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S23 Family Thread ****

Still miffed about the S-Pen not being back cover coloured like with the S22! It was a reason to justify the 4 week wait period back last year just to show the non exclusive colour friends that their S-Pens are just generic black :p

2023.02.09_1256-27_00005.jpg
Yeah that seems a bit odd

Reactions: mrk
Screen protector has been preparing for Dispatch for 2 days now, Phone still at "Processing" , I know the official release is 13th but still frustrating that samsung have a seemingly random process for sending out orders

Attempt 3 with the Samsung protectors was a little better.

Still managed to get a spec of dust in the middle strip that you first remove, god knows how - it's sort of where the edge of display meets the bezel.

It'll have to do, I'll drive myself insane otherwise.

I'll keep an eye for the apiker ones, they don't feel as nice as the Samsung ones, but at least they just seem to work.

I've given up with the Samsung protectors, the middle strip seems to cause problems- on the two I've applied I've managed to get a line along the protector along with multiple bubbles. Never had this many problems applying previous screen protectors.

I've given up with the Samsung protectors, the middle strip seems to cause problems- on the two I've applied I've managed to get a line along the protector along with multiple bubbles. Never had this many problems applying previous screen protectors.
Ahh thanks god it's not just me then. haha.

Wonder if it's down to the material of the protector. The apiker and amfilm are more a rubber/plastic. Were the Samsung feels more rigid plastic.

For me they've been the most unsuccessful install of a screen protector of all time - there's a middle strip to remove that I just can't get to look satisfactory without a slight line and bubbles.
Thanks, did by chance take a photos, ive never used samsungs, I normally just by cheap one off amazo n or the bay.

any other suggestions
I noticed a few people motion using glass ones, I've not used the glass ones since the S7, which I hated, they were plastic and came off easily

also will any of them have any issues on screen, or issues after removing them ?

Anyone else had any problems ?
Ahh thanks god it's not just me then. haha.

Wonder if it's down to the material of the protector. The apiker and amfilm are more a rubber/plastic. Were the Samsung feels more rigid plastic.
anyone know the return policy on them, if they are so rubbish I would rather just return them.

Last edited:
Screen protector has been preparing for Dispatch for 2 days now, Phone still at "Processing" , I know the official release is 13th but still frustrating that samsung have a seemingly random process for sending out orders
Out of interest what colour did you order? As yet I've not seen anybody receive a graphite ultra, which is what I'm waiting on.

Anyone else had any problems ?

anyone know the return policy on them, if they are so rubbish I would rather just return them.
Guess if they're unopened you could return them.

It baffles me as to why i'm struggling with those, but not the others, when i took more care installing these then i have with the cheaper ones on the S21.

Like i mentioned above, the only thing i can think of is the film itself. The apiker/amfilm are a bit more 'rubbery' (Thermoplastic Polyurethane) than the Samsung. (Polycarbonate)

Out of interest what colour did you order? As yet I've not seen anybody receive a graphite ultra, which is what I'm waiting on.

Graphite also

Having seen that the pen is not body coloured, actually questioning my decision now

Last edited:
Guess if they're unopened you could return them.

It baffles me as to why i'm struggling with those, but not the others, when i took more care installing these then i have with the cheaper ones on the S21.

Like i mentioned above, the only thing i can think of is the film itself. The apiker/amfilm are a bit more 'rubbery' (Thermoplastic Polyurethane) than the Samsung. (Polycarbonate)
Thanks, so what screen protectors does everyone recommend ?
Samsung, Cheap bay Thermoplastic Polyurethane, glass ?

Thanks, so what screen protectors does everyone recommend ?
Samsung, Cheap bay Thermoplastic Polyurethane, glass ?
Think a lot of people lean towards Samsung's official ones but couldn't find any. Seen a few recommendations for the Milomdoi screen protector for the S23U. I have one myself, just haven't installed it yet.

Back
Top Bottom