**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S23 Family Thread ****

Really I've not used a screen protector for years, only had one on the S22 Ultra last year for a short while before binning it off. Screen to this day remains mark-free.

Unless you are quite clumsy, then not needed. Victus+ was great for stopping scratches, Victus 2 on the 23 is no doubt going to be better still.
I'm a little clumsy and have kids coming round, so some protection is useful.

You can trade in any phone as long as it's on the trade in list, bought from any where doesn't have to be Samsung.

I've noticed that the S23 picks up a lot more GPS sats than what I remember, having now packed the S22 ultra up I can't check that against this but the app GPS Status shows what's what, anyone that still has an older Galaxy able to check their one and confirm? I'm getting over 60 sats available and locking on to 50+ when indoors.

YNi7q6w.png

There's a couple of apps with that name, which one are you using?

You can trade in any phone as long as it's on the trade in list, bought from any where doesn't have to be Samsung.

I've noticed that the S23 picks up a lot more GPS sats than what I remember, having now packed the S22 ultra up I can't check that against this but the app GPS Status shows what's what, anyone that still has an older Galaxy able to check their one and confirm? I'm getting over 60 sats available and locking on to 50+ when indoors.

YNi7q6w.png
35 I pickup on my S21

I used the Samsung S22 Ultra screen protector because I didn't want to waste the one I had left. I found the Samsung felt much better than the other brands and installed easier in my opinion. I need one on for my job otherwise it would be a micro scratch fest everywhere.

For the S23 plus users these might be worth a punt at this price.....

Last edited:
are they the same as the one fitted on the S21 ?

I had the original S21 screen protector and I found it better than most screen protectors i used but it was factory fitted.

Ok please let me know how it goes

If anyone else has any information on samsung screen protectors please share, I'm going to see if I can return for a refund.

Let us know what they're like :)
Tried amfilm (not hybrid version) and milomdoi tempered glass

Milomdoi is easier to fit but not compatible with my case. Also very sticky so be careful when taking it off. It made a small dust dent on my screen too but only can see it if look carefully with a led torch. :rolleyes: but also can say better to add a protector.:cry:

Amfilm also easy but not as easy as Samsung and milomdoi. Need to line up the front facing camera lens carefully unlike the Samsung one. But the film is easier to apply without line and little bubbles. It is now 40% off on rainforest so may have another try. :D

Doh and I strike again. Cracked my first screen protector chasing a bubble, second one got one with just one small bubble. Put my case on and it's too tight and has casued large bubbles :o

Doh and I strike again. Cracked my first screen protector chasing a bubble, second one got one with just one small bubble. Put my case on and it's too tight and has casued large bubbles :o

I hope you watched the video :D
I installed the same protector, and had to very carefully chase a couple of bubbles out, gotta say it looks perfect now.
I did show a pic a few pages ago, and a link, but the clear case from Torras fits perfectly with the glass protector.

Got my 512gb Red on Tuesday morning. So far excellent device.
Reviewers say it's not much of a step up from the S22 ultra.
Yes it is. Much better.
No exynos. Flatter sides & that's just the start.
Glad to see the back of my S22 ultra exynos.

The red isn't red, it's more a burnt orange look.
Suits me though, looks fab with the black surround.

Has anyone had a dispatch email for the s22 ultra from Samsung yet ?

I preordered 1TB ultra with screen protector and the silicone grip case. I was told the case will be delivered on the 17th and was given February 10th as delivery for the s22 ultra.

For some reason the Ultra has been stuck on processing all day and the screen protector has been dispatched which is strange because its one order.

I'm very confused with how Samsung are handing the order.

Got my 512gb Red on Tuesday morning. So far excellent device.
Reviewers say it's not much of a step up from the S22 ultra.
Yes it is. Much better.
No exynos. Flatter sides & that's just the start.
Glad to see the back of my S22 ultra exynos.

The red isn't red, it's more a burnt orange look.
Suits me though, looks fab with the black surround.

Nice - I'm waiting on a Red - hoping it'll be a nice change from the usual black!

Yeah the red is more fire red/burnt orange but in direct light it has a kind of petrol-like glimmer to it as well. really looks cool and I've not gone for a bright phone ever since the copper Xperia Z3 in 2014 or the white HTC Magic way back in the early Android 1 days.

For future ref I recommend folks install the Airtime Rewards app and seeing if your network and debit card(s) are supported. If so (I added my Samsung Pay+ card), you get automatic cashback when using said card at any participating retailer, Samsung is in the list. Like an automated TCB/Quidco.

So on top of my TCB, I also have a bit of extra cash from this :D

5jo41MS.jpg

Last edited:
wow yes that rings a bell now, I thin it's in the 30s outside but 16 indoors feels about right/ So GPS is vastly improved then!

Number of satellites doesn't indicate GPS performance ;). A good example is cars often have exteremly good GPS accuracy on <10 fixed satellites.

But as a fair comparison, we have an S22U and S23U here, both on my desk. Here's the exact issue.

ZZot3Q9.jpg

S22U on the left, S23U on the right. You can see the S23U is indeed connected to more satellites, and you can see the exact issue that causes. Average SNR is worse, because it's holding onto to weak links and it pulls the accuracy down. So by connecting to 2x more satellites, the accuracy is 4 times worse. There's other hints, like how the S22U is actively choosing to use fewer than it can see, compared to the S23U. Also, for the vast majority of the satellites seen in the SNR bars, the ones that are the same on both have a better signal on the S22, by a significant margin.

I'm sure the S23U is just fine in practice, but better it is not (for GPS at least!).

What app is that btw? I'll give it a whirl here. Obviously GPS does boil down to what area you are in as atmospheric conditions and local interference can affect it I guess.

Back
Top Bottom