**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S23 Family Thread ****

Let me know how the laptop goes looks nice , my order is still processing even tho ordered on release day must be my choice of accessories :rolleyes:
Well a delayed post but the laptop is awesome! Because of this I am not giving the S23 Ultra the love it deserves lol, plenty of time for that though.
The Book 3 Pro 360 and S23 Ultra integrate very nicely with Samsungs skin over the software but you can also go it alone with just Windows also if you're not into the Samsung eco system.
All in all I've been pleasantly surprised with both purchases.

The S23 Ultra has been faultless so far and although I've upgraded from the S22 Ultra I am still pleased with the choice. The feel of the phone, battery, camera is really good, just need to narrow down a decent case as I'm not sure about the Samsung Silicone Case with strap.

What do you think about the phone so far?

Well a delayed post but the laptop is awesome! Because of this I am not giving the S23 Ultra the love it deserves lol, plenty of time for that though.
The Book 3 Pro 360 and S23 Ultra integrate very nicely with Samsungs skin over the software but you can also go it alone with just Windows also if you're not into the Samsung eco system.

The S23 Ultra has been faultless so far and although I've upgraded from the S22 Ultra I am still pleased with the choice. The feel of the phone, battery, camera is really good, just need to narrow down a decent case as I'm not sure about the Samsung Silicone Case with strap.

Laptop sounds nice

I've still not got mine even tho I ordered on the 1st Green 512 with silicon cased + screen protectors

Last edited:

They say there is no perfect phone, so far the S23 Ultra is perfect. I cannot find a single fault with it .

Can anyone else?

Mine will be here tomorrow hopefully. Current phone is an S20+ and I use its own wall socket charger ... as I understand newer phones dont come with this anymore, just a USB cable?

Should I order a seperate suitable wall socket charger just now so I can get going? How do you go about charging at public places, hotels ETC and will it fast charge with just a USB cable ... what about Trains, Buses ETC with just USB sockets, would they have enough power to quickly fast charge?

Sorry if these seem like dumb questions, but I honestly dont know.

Oh yeah, would my current S20+ wall socket charger work?

Mine will be here tomorrow hopefully. Current phone is an S20+ and I use its own wall socket charger ... as I understand newer phones dont come with this anymore, just a USB cable?

Should I order a seperate suitable wall socket charger just now so I can get going? How do you go about charging at public places, hotels ETC and will it fast charge with just a USB cable ... what about Trains, Buses ETC with just USB sockets, would they have enough power to quickly fast charge?

Sorry if these seem like dumb questions, but I honestly dont know.

Oh yeah, would my current S20+ wall socket charger work?
I'm using the charger from the Note 20 Ultra which I think was released 6 months after the S20 series so you may already have a 25 watt charger. I've no need for fast charging so it's fine for my usage.

Now that my battery learning pattern has settled in my expected battery life has been calculated. On my S22 Ultra it was 2 days and 2 hours, on the S23 Ultra (drum roll)..........
3 days and 8 hours!
Of course this is subject to my individual normal usage and can fluctuate but nevertheless its a big difference over the S22 Ultra.

Last edited:
Shows 1day 23 hrs for mine now, though I am a heavy user. The S22 Ultra was something like 1 day 8 hours.

The main thing here now is that idle battery drain is supremely low, it's not even a joke how much lower idle drain is against the S22 Ultra. Comparing day 6 on the S22 Ultra, you can see how much a difference idle battery drain on the SD8 gen 2 chipset has on the S23 Ultra. The S22's line has a continuous decline even through the night, whereas the 23's line is not far from flat overnight when idle. And the 22 Ultra has a higher screen off time in this example as well! I suspect factoring in idle time too, I could easily get 2-3 days out of one charge if I didn't actively use the phone so heavily.

S22 Ultra // S23 Ultra
batterylife_day6.png
aqrRpni.jpg

Ignore the small top up charge on the S22's graph, more focused on the idle drain in this comparison.

Last edited:
Loving the switch over to GaN chargers, being able to super fast charge my S23U and another phone at the same time is handy. As for the phone - oh how I've missed the Note and this one is very good.

Great to see all the positive reviews of the s23 ultra around battery etc, makes it a with while upgrade in itself over the s22 ultra which was close to be perfect apart from a few little niggles .

Roll on from the 20th

I'm using the charger from the Note 20 Ultra which I think was released 6 months after the S20 series so you may already have a 25 watt charger. I've no need for fast charging so it's fine for my usage.

Looks like my current S20+ 5G wall charger is 25W, so I'll be fine then, yes?
What about this new 45W charger spec I read about ... that would charge faster, yes? Would it be advantagous for me to get one of these, either official Samsung from their site or generic on Ebay? or River place?

Back
Top Bottom