**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S23 Family Thread ****

Ignore the orange wording about the delivery - it’s very confusing because that’s for new orders only.

If you see under it in simple black lettering it’ll be something like

Arrives on 17/02/2023 Please deliver by​

That’s your estimate.
Ok, well both the phone and watch were saying the 13th at the bottom but like @Cosimo I received a delay email this morning and it's now changed to the 27th :/

Ok, well both the phone and watch were saying the 13th at the bottom but like @Cosimo I received a delay email this morning and it's now changed to the 27th :/
I've cancelled the bundle which had a watch amongst other things. Now gone for a 1TB Black (in stock, was green) which is saying delivery tomorrow. The case is coming from elsewhere tomorrow. We'll see what happens now.

I've cancelled the bundle which had a watch amongst other things. Now gone for a 1TB Black (in stock, was green) which is saying delivery tomorrow. The case is coming from elsewhere tomorrow. We'll see what happens now

Delayed to the 27th as well and I thought Samsung customer service couldn't get any worse

Delayed to the 27th as well and I thought Samsung customer service couldn't get any worse
Did you order a watch too? If so then it's pretty clear that the watch is what's delayed and for some reason they're insisting on shipping these together, unlike what they're doing with cases and screen protectors.

No just screen protectors and a case
Oh, well it's a joke then. The only logical explanation I could come up with was the watch is unavailable until the 27th, which is their eta for a new order. Even if you placed a brand new order now for the handset then they're giving delivery dates earlier than the 27th and yet those of us that ordered on the 1st are being told the 27th.

I started that thread. I've had Samsungs and never had to wait 7 days. It's odd that some people have it straight and some don't
There's always a few devices that get it without the wait for some reason, but plently get the 7 day window, enough that it seems to be the intended way. I've heard of even longer waits if you have a trade in tied to your order, too. It's been happening since the S8/Note 8 devices. Presumably it's a method Samsung have taken to try and stop people getting brand new devices, tripped knox instantly, bricking them and then returning the device under the returns windows. I managed to avoid the 7 day windows on my Note 9, though my S21U did not get it from day one.

That said, these days the benefits from unlocking and rooting are low enough for me I just don't bother anymore. Fighting root hiding to make half your apps worth just isn't worth the fight. The early glory days of being able to do anything freely are long gone :(

Oh, well it's a joke then. The only logical explanation I could come up with was the watch is unavailable until the 27th, which is their eta for a new order. Even if you placed a brand new order now for the handset then they're giving delivery dates earlier than the 27th and yet those of us that ordered on the 1st are being told the 27th.
I wouldn't read too much into the 27th date. When Samsung don't have the item ready to send on the date that your order was due, you get an automatic 2 week/14 day delay notification. But that's the critical point, the 2 weeks is just a generic time period, not a time period they think they'll ship your order in. They don't think it will ship on the 27th. If the items come in stock any time in the next 2 weeks they'll ship, if they don't you'll get another 2 week delay on the 27th.

Last year I got four seperate "delayed" notificiations and my order arrived ~7 weeks later than phone only orders. I think for anyone worried about the timescales, cancelling and reordering a phone solo is the best approach. That's what I wish I had done last year, but I kept getting strung along with the 2 week messages :(

I m due to receive my 1tb black s23 ultra (which i ordered on the 2nd of February) tomorrow, but still no information regarding delivery. Still showing as processing on the order information page, no email from Dpd either....

I wouldn't read too much into the 27th date. When Samsung don't have the item ready to send on the date that your order was due, you get an automatic 2 week/14 day delay notification. But that's the critical point, the 2 weeks is just a generic time period, not a time period they think they'll ship your order in. They don't think it will ship on the 27th. If the items come in stock any time in the next 2 weeks they'll ship, if they don't you'll get another 2 week delay on the 27th.

Last year I got four seperate "delayed" notificiations and my order arrived ~7 weeks later than phone only orders. I think for anyone worried about the timescales, cancelling and reordering a phone solo is the best approach. That's what I wish I had done last year, but I kept getting strung along with the 2 week messages :(
Hopefully that's the case. I still have no idea why there's a delay at all though when others, who ordered the same spec but later, are receiving there's. Oh well, it will arrive when it arrives.

Heard a helicopter flying overhead earlier and ran to the window as ideal opportunity to test out the zoom quality in daytime with a moving object in the sky and how much detail is retained.

Needless to say I am supremely impressed. The S22 Ultra's zoom video at 20x was good, but you could tell it was from a phone because it had that slightly rough look to it full screen on a monitor, whereas this looks like it was shot with a dedicated video camera. I have Video stabilisation off for all video recordings in the camera, so OIS is only used. EIS still has that weird curtain effect on vertical objects and lines which I don't like.

I then stabilised the initial hand shake in Davinci Resolve to see what stabilised in software looks like, again, very impressed. Recorded using HEVC in Quality mode, edited in HEVC too and exported at the highest profile, looks near identical to the native HEVC direct from phone so should not be any quality loss in the YouTube vid.

I was given the 24th as my new delivery estimate. I'm thinking of cancelling but I've heard that Samsung refunds are a nightmare.

Got my S23 ultra black 512gb version saturday evening delivered, but i was deep in my glass of vodka so i wasn't in a state to mess with it that evening, i waited till sunday morning to get it set up.

Back
Top Bottom