**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S23 Family Thread ****

45W is only about 8-12 minutes faster. After 60% charged the voltage/current regulator throttles the speed down to the point where 15W/25W/45W are all basically 6the same, especially after 80% is reached. Just use the 25W one or invest in a wireless fast charging pad as the top up convenience trumps plugging in a wire all the time. I have a Choestech dual 18W wireless pad for desktop and a 15W pad in the car.

Neither of which are the spec of 45W required here.

Does it really matter that much? ^^

Does it really matter that much? ^^

Well yeah. Get a better source...

From flat...

15 mins gets you 27% on the 25W charger
17 mins get you 50% on the 45W.

The old S22U had a nerfed implementation of 45W charging. The S23U has been improved.

Last edited:
Yeah seems they fixed the charging rates during the first half of the charge cycle now, didn't expect that as Samsung seemed stuck in their ways with charging for years:

S22 Ultra after 30 mins from flat is at 66%
S23 Ultra after 30 mins is at 72%

So not a huge difference.

Last edited:
If a fake is a worry (it's amazon so you never know with marketplace!) - Then the Anker 313 is the way to go for a few quid more: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Charger-Anker-Supports-Charging-Included-Black/dp/B0BQHJX8L2/ref=sr_1_3?crid=1KM2QNLKKQUZD&keywords=Anker+313+Charger&qid=1676339410&sprefix=anker+313+charger,aps,135&sr=8-3

The official Samsung ones are a tenner more or so.
Never go cheap on adaptors, they can kill your phone or even worse start a fire .

I've always used Ankur as they officially certified and never had any issues with them personally

Reactions: mrk
I'm having a bit of a headache finding a case which doesn't peel screen protectors. I've tried the Spigen Neo Hybrid and the Caseology Nano Pop. Both are an extremely tight fit and end up peeling screen protectors in the corners. The only case i've got which doesn't do this is the Samsung Smart View. But i really don't like it.

I'm having a bit of a headache finding a case which doesn't peel screen protectors. I've tried the Spigen Neo Hybrid and the Caseology Nano Pop. Both are an extremely tight fit and end up peeling screen protectors in the corners. The only case i've got which doesn't do this is the Samsung Smart View. But i really don't like it.
I've shoved a case on temporarily until my sleeve arrives and I'm pretty shocked how tight the cases are. To the point that I'm kinda worried about damaging the phone taking it out.

Get that they need to be tight to help cushion impact but it's a bit ridiculous that you kind of have to jam it in there.

Can't wait to take it off. Adds so much bulk and hides the sheer beauty of the phone.

My wife loved it so much, she wants one of her own for travels. The only annoyance with chargers like this is how far the cable sticks out from the brick, might invest in some right angled cables later on.

Back
Top Bottom