**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S7/Edge Thread ****

I got tricked by the sim size too coming from a Z2, when I went to put it in.

Super simple to cut them down to size though. Generic kitchen scissors did the trick for me.

My S7 edge seems to have locked up and pressing the power button has no effect, any idea how to restart it or do I have to wait for the battery to drain?

If your S7 is frozen where it won’t respond to commands and you just want to force your the device to power off, simply press and hold the “Power” button for eight to twenty seconds and the device will eventually turn off.

The soft reset process will not delete data from your phone

On other Galaxy phones iirc holding power button and volume down key did the trick.

Not sure if been posted but best deals I found were £459 for unlocked edge (inc Quidco) from Very.
If needed with a contract, carphone warehouse, Voda £149 upfront, £36 line rental (24mth) for unlimited, unlimited, 11GB - Total cost = £1013.99

Which memory card's have people opted for? I think I shall compromise with the 128GB Lexar Professional 1000x(£70), the 1800x(£180) is too pricey for my liking. That would mean my memory card is nearly half the value of the phone (if you don't buy for a silly price)

Last edited:
Well coming from a long time Nokia Symbian / Windows (past 18 years) user I finally decided to move to give Samsung a go. Was a 50/50 flip between going for the new Lumia 950 or the S7. Reviews on the 950 pushed me to change... They all said no different to the 930.

First impressions is the S7 is an incredible phone compared to my Lumia 930 which I was quite content with - I was always impressed with Nokia camera's but I just found the app store selection incredibly frustrating but I got by.

I have a few questions tho...

So far I've noticed the battery on the S7 seems to not be as impressive as I thought it would but I've followed the last persons advice and turned off location history, and scanning so hopefully this improves it. In the stock battery app it shows '10214; using 8%... what is this? Another one that showed was called 'Stranger'?

On the Lumia 930 I had a magnetic car mount. It's a circular magnet that sat in the back of my phone cover (better than sticking it directly to the phone). I've ordered the spigen rugged case so hoping it isn't too thick. Would a magnet cause any issues sitting directly below the camera in the case?

Overall unless Microsoft make some major changes and stop playing safe I can't see myself going back to them anytime soon.

Back
Top Bottom