**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S7/Edge Thread ****

Chris, you have been told the answers, and are now both repeating yourself and asking trivial questions. It is a launcher, it works fine, check the reviews and do some research.

Gmail is the best client for Gmail. Otherwise, go on the Play store and try some of the high-rated clients.

I appreciate all the input. I'm just new to the OS having been an iphone person since 2007.

I appreciate all the input. I'm just new to the OS having been an iphone person since 2007.

I advise just having a play around, search the Google app store and install some apps and try them and get to know the OS and its habits... much easier than being paranoid and asking about every little thing. There are also plenty of internet and Youtube guides to give you a hand in learning. :)

Last edited:
I advise just having a play around, search the Google app store and install some apps and try them and get to know the OS and its habits... much easier than being paranoid and asking about every little thing. There are also plenty of internet and Youtube guides to give you a hand in learning. :)

Agreed. Makes sense. I'm just used to being spoon-fed with iOS. Loving the device thus far.

Agreed. Makes sense. I'm just used to being spoon-fed with iOS. Loving the device thus far.

You will find that the big fun in Android is the sheer customisability of it. I advise installing Nova launcher and then spending time customising it exactly to what you like. You can really change the home screen to increase the grid size and have muh more icons on the desktop and dock. Here's a video to get you started https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO52dfFm40o

Have fun and let us know how it goes (and of course feel free to ask questions based on that increasing knowledge). :)

Last edited:
YOu will find that the big fun in Android is th sheer customisability of it. I advise installing Nova launcher and then spending time customising it exactly to what you like. You can really change the home screen to increase the grid size and have muh more icons on the desktop and dock. Here's a video to get you started https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO52dfFm40o

Have fun and let us know how it goes (and of course feel free to ask questions based on that increasing knowlege). :)

Thanks for that buddy. To be honest, it's the customisation aspect that appealed to be since having been locked up with iOS for so long.

Will give this a go - thanks again. Much appreciated.

How are people finding the sound performance on the S7 with a decent pair of headphones? I heard some moans about the Snapdragon 820 version, but is everyone happy with their Exynos ones?

We always get shafted with mobile phone prices/promtions unless its from a UK manufacturer.

If you go into carphone warehouse or similar places and ask for a deal you may be surprised.

I went in last week asking if they knew anything about delivery dates for a HTC M10, with no luck i asked about the S7 edge as that's the one id go for if HTC take any longer and I said I'd be interested if it was thrown in for free and he said he would do it if i swapped on the day but I just can't get on with Samsungs UI and the back button being on the wrong side :p

Turned off location history, and scanning along with the weather widget location setting and my battery life has been much improved. Currently at 70% since unplugging this morning with 2 hours 20 sot.

So that's around what...5 days with my S7 now and I have to say I'm delighted with it.

+Screen - After being away from the S6 Edge for a while and coming back to the S7 now I just appreciate how good that screen is now, the deep blacks, the popping colours, fantastic.

+Build - Just the improvements I would have wanted, again feels premium in the hand the extra weight is actually pretty good. Ergonomically the device feels a lot better in the hand with the curvature on the rear, even with a case on.

+Camera - Sony Sensor here and everything seems to perform great, no fuss, instant focus image taking, perfect.

+UI - I actually can't say too much about Touchwiz other than the menu options but definitely an improvement, Material Theme on and then UI has been taken over by Nova Launcher.

+Performance - Dare I say night and day from an S6 Edge? Everything is soooooo fluid and quick now it's amazing, much improved and I just can't find fault with this phone.

+Battery - Enough of an addition to remove the headache of the previous generation as the S6 Edge was a nightmare when it came to battery life. The S7 easily sees out a day which is the minimum of what I want from a phone and I can't see myself having to 'top up' from time to time.

This is the most satisfied I've been with a phone for god know's how long and I think it truly stands a chance of actually surviving a full year with me.

Back
Top Bottom