**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S7/Edge Thread ****

Hooray! Good find, thanks, had emailed Brodit a few times trying to find out when they would be available. I was hoping that they would do one accommodating a case though. Had to take my HTC one in and out of its case every time I got in to the car, ruined the cases quite quickly.

I phoned them up Friday and the guy took my email and sent a link.

They haven't got (which they have with the standard S7) the holder for use with a case which has confirmed that I'll order the slide in one and now definitely not bother with a case.

I miss driving without it in the holder :p

So I've gotten around to syncing the phone with the car and my phone book appears as LAST NAME / FIRST NAME, which is not how they are displayed on the handset, I've tried Re bonding the device but no joy, S4 used to have no issue, it's ford audio if that helps.

Anyone else got similar issues or know a fix? I don't think it's the phone, but the android version...

So I've gotten around to syncing the phone with the car and my phone book appears as LAST NAME / FIRST NAME, which is not how they are displayed on the handset, I've tried Re bonding the device but no joy, S4 used to have no issue, it's ford audio if that helps.

Anyone else got similar issues or know a fix? I don't think it's the phone, but the android version...

Can't you choose display option in the car's settings? Don't know the Ford system, but on my options I can choose 'Lastname, Firstname' or 'Firstname, Lastname' or <one other option I can't remember>

The SanDisk Ultra offers those same features. You’re paying more for the extra speed, something which no phone makes use of. 4K video recording requires a Class 10 card at most anyway.

The only real benefit is if you’re constantly taking the mSD card out of the phone and using it to write data to it from a PC via the a card reader. Otherwise save your money and put it to better use.

The S7 takes advantage of UHS II so thus it must be able to take advantage of hte higher speeds surely.

That’s what I am getting at. I’m confident nobody is going to notice the difference in real world use. The camera certainly doesn’t need it as Class 10 is well within the boundaries of the write speed for HD+ video recording.

It’s like the Antutu benchmarks, nobody is going to notice the difference in actual use in everyday things. It’s fast enough as it is. IMO the money is put to better use in other areas like case protection perhaps or another QC2.0 charger for work/the car.

Otherwise I'd have upgraded to one also :p

Oh I see, tough one for me. This One Seems like a good compromise between getting a silly expensive one and a cheap 'slow' one. Although for about £6 more can get the 200GB Sandisk.

Been looking at the Lexar today, seen a few good and bad reviews about them, I may just go for the 200gb sandisk for the space. At the end of day I think it will be fine for now, if I notice an issue with slow downs which I doubt I can get the 128gb Samsung Pro plus when they are available in the UK for a decent price.

You will get goo and bad reviews of every card out there. It’s just the way it is. Some people just have issues with stuff no matter what and when they do, they will post about it more than people with no issues.

All these cards are fine and offer good reliability with good warranty (10y/lifetime etc) and good performance.

Hmmm, I just tried the Samsung keyboard and SwiftKey. It didn't make any difference.

I could've sworn the clipboard behaves differently depending on the keyboard. Maybe I was wrong.

The cost to produce is a lot more than the sum total of the parts cost.

This! While it's clear that manufacturers make a reasonable margin on items they make, there are all sorts of extra costs: assembly lines and staff, software development costs, licensing of codecs and patents, packaging (both to design and manufacture), accessories (earphones, power adaptor, USB cable, etc), shipping, profit margins for pretty much everyone in between i.e the distributor and retailer and then finally taxes.

Having said that, I'd love to be paying less for my tech gear ;)

Back
Top Bottom