**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S7/Edge Thread ****

Caporegime
What colour profile have you got set on the S7 in comparison to the S6? Also, what's the resolution of the wallpaper?

The colour profile is the same as the S6 (adaptive display). Wallpaper is 2560x1440 so certainly big enough. It just looks like the gamma (or whatever you call it) is turned up too high or something.

Edit: Just restarted the phone and now they're the same. :confused: No idea what was going on there.

Last edited:
Soldato
The colour profile is the same as the S6 (adaptive display). Wallpaper is 2560x1440 so certainly big enough. It just looks like the gamma (or whatever you call it) is turned up too high or something.

Edit: Just restarted the phone and now they're the same. :confused: No idea what was going on there.

Hmm strange, hopefully it doesn't happen again.

Caporegime
Hmm strange, hopefully it doesn't happen again.

All good now it seems. Cheers. :)

Hi guys,

I'm getting the S7 on Tuesday and wondering what a decent case would be? I do like flip cases but not essential.

Cheers.

Not sure if they do flip cases, but you can't go wrong with any Spigen case (as long as it's genuine). I've used them on every Samsung I've had and they're probably the best you can get.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias=electronics&field-keywords=spigen+s7

Associate
Recently the glass of the camera lens broke on my Galaxy S7. I sent it off to iMend.com as they had supposedly a same day repair service and seemed to know what they were doing. Phone came back 10 days with glass repaired. Taken a quite a few photos in good light and all are either out of focus or very soft. I'd say the latter as I can't find anywhere that is sharp in any of the photos.

So what do I do? I'll be contacting iMend but don't have any confidence they will fix it or competent to do so. Do I instead chalk it up to experience and send it to Samsung for repair or do I write it off and off load it to recyclers and get another phone. Will Samsung charge a fortune for camera repair? Slightly annoyed with the job.

Associate
All good now it seems. Cheers. :)

Not sure if they do flip cases, but you can't go wrong with any Spigen case (as long as it's genuine). I've used them on every Samsung I've had and they're probably the best you can get.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias=electronics&field-keywords=spigen+s7

I recently got a Spigen Neo Hybrid (gunmetal one). Can definitely recommend. At first I thought it was broken as sides kinda press into the rubber bit and just felt like a loose fit. I then realised they are actually two separate pieces that join together. Guessing it helps absorb drops etc.

Dropped phone in gym last night on hard tiled floor. Good test of the case. Slight mark now on the corner edge of the case but phone is fine. So test passed!

Associate
I was watching this S8 camera review and realised a few things about the S7 camera in the process (same app, same settings, same camera...):

The review pointed out something I didn't really pay close attention to before, when shooting in pro mode on the S7, click record video to record in video with pro mode, and if you set the white balance to "K", then make sure it's at 6500K, which results in a much more accurate white balanced based on normal daylight, even indoors.

I also use the custom tone mode in natural by sliding the highlights slider all the way down, and the shadows slider one notch down and saving that.

I also set the metering mode from matrix, to Centre weighted. This stops the camera from metering for the scene as he mentions in the review, and meters for the surrounding area around the centre where the subject will commonly be.

Now my pictures and videos taken in Pro mode retain highlight detail, as well as a hint of VSCO with that tiny bit of fade from reducing the shadows slider in the custom tone mode a single notch. This gives a pleasing cinematic look I feel.

Very nice. I've set this up. When you say custom tone mode in natural, you mean when you select "Tone 1" or "Tone 2" and click edit right? Then just adjust the Highlight and Shadow sliders?

Soldato
Got a 3rd Edge on the way this one the screen has to remain intact, is there a good solid case that also will protect my screen or a good screen protector combo? the invisible skin i had on was fantastic but in my line of work i damage my phone far too easily...

also is there a revised s7 edge with a tougher screen or is it still a v1?

Associate
Not sure there is a good one to be honest. I've tried a couple and either well short of the edge of glass or due to the curved edge don't stick down. The screen is actually quite robust. A case may help a little if phone is dropped but the glass on mine isn't scratching. The camera lens on the other hand seems to be made of sugar as mine smashed without being dropped or crushed in pocket. It had a case on and took it out my pocket recently to find the lens smashed. Had it repaired by iMend.com which took ages and now all photos taken look like the lens is smeared with vasaline.

Associate
Hey guys, whats the best version of android to be on?

I've never updated my S7 edge since I bought it near release, it's still on 6.0.1 but rooted. Its started to lag and freeze a bit, I was wondering if later software versions feel a bit snappier...

Associate
Hey guys, whats the best version of android to be on?

I've never updated my S7 edge since I bought it near release, it's still on 6.0.1 but rooted. Its started to lag and freeze a bit, I was wondering if later software versions feel a bit snappier...

I use this rom on my phone but without root as i need my banking apps, and its been the most stable and reliable rom ive used to date.
https://forum.xda-developers.com/s7-edge/development/rom-gelios-v1-0-android-7-0-tw-zkp4-t3499504

Soldato
Just got my phone back from the insurance and they replaced the glass.. Am I being picky that there's a tiny bit of debris behind the glass where the front camera is or should I just not say anything?

Associate
Recently bought a regular S7 however the fast charge does not work when the phone is turned on it keeps showing fast charge for half a second on the screen then says charging and vice versa, Fast charge seems to only work when the phone is turned off? The phone also vibrates each time the option changes between fast charge and charge... Any ideas?

Soldato
Recently bought a regular S7 however the fast charge does not work when the phone is turned on it keeps showing fast charge for half a second on the screen then says charging and vice versa, Fast charge seems to only work when the phone is turned off? The phone also vibrates each time the option changes between fast charge and charge... Any ideas?

Charger or cable duff ??

The phone uses more power when on so maybe that pushes the supply over the top .

Soldato
Need a new case

in your option what is the Best wallet case for S7 edge ?
i remember my phone but I always for get my cash and card.

Man of Honour
Good news!

My S7 edge came back from Samsung today.

I noted to them of the three issues I was experiencing:

1: AOD being dark grey not black
2: USB port not fast charging until cable reconnected multiple times
3: Battery not holding acceptable charge (phone is 14 months old)

Phone came back like a brand new device. Obviously they've transported the motherboard into a new unit, as everything else is new.

They did the turnaround in under 48 hours as well. this was at Anovo in Norwich.

Anovo's Google reviews rating stands at 2.9, no idea why, maybe they were poor at one point, but my experience is 5*

Back
Top Bottom