**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S7/Edge Thread ****

nam

nam

Soldato
Hi, Can anyone help . I am getting the annoying "emergency calls only" - No Sim Card available on my purchased from launch Stock S7 (SM-G930F) Android 7 , G930FXXU1DQC2. I have changed sim's and the same message. I have reset the cache and the same message, After about 3 reboots then all of a sudden it works again.

Any ideas what this fault is ?

Associate
Good news!

My S7 edge came back from Samsung today.

I noted to them of the three issues I was experiencing:

1: AOD being dark grey not black
2: USB port not fast charging until cable reconnected multiple times
3: Battery not holding acceptable charge (phone is 14 months old)

Phone came back like a brand new device. Obviously they've transported the motherboard into a new unit, as everything else is new.

They did the turnaround in under 48 hours as well. this was at Anovo in Norwich.

Anovo's Google reviews rating stands at 2.9, no idea why, maybe they were poor at one point, but my experience is 5*

My A-Novo experience was slightly different. Ended up taking them to small claims court. They paid out £534 to me in the end.

Sent phone away initially for a screen repair. They said my SIM tray was stuck and wanted £90. I asked several times if that meant the screen would be repaired and they said yes... It didn't.
Received another bill for £200 for the screen. At this point I felt I had no choice but to pay them. Otherwise I'd have a phone that I had paid £90 to repair still with a broken screen. Argued about this for hours via escalations etc and they dropped the price to £200 all in.
Received phone back. Memory card not working and home button rocks in the recess.
Sent it off again. Memory card was fixed but home button still to this day rocks despite having sent the phone away to them 4 times and spent 6+ hours on the phone to them about it.

Only decent outcome is I have a cosmetically new phone albeit with a dodgy home button and £534.

Associate
Anovo's Google reviews rating stands at 2.9, no idea why, maybe they were poor at one point, but my experience is 5*

It took them about 4 weeks to repair mine when it went in for a charging problem. It came back in great condition though since they'd also replaced the screen for some reason.

Soldato
It took them about 4 weeks to repair mine when it went in for a charging problem. It came back in great condition though since they'd also replaced the screen for some reason.

i saw a strip down on a S7E a while back and the charging port is directly attached to the rear glass panel, so thy may of had to replace that too,

Soldato
My S7E keeps dropping calls, first the call becomes garbled and then the call is dropped does this anywhere from a few seconds to a minute into any call (made or received). I had a look around but found nothing conclusive... any know if this is a known issue?

Soldato
My S7E keeps dropping calls, first the call becomes garbled and then the call is dropped does this anywhere from a few seconds to a minute into any call (made or received). I had a look around but found nothing conclusive... any know if this is a known issue?
if it's in the same geographic position it could be an issue with your local mast, if not it's almost certainly something wrong with device (could be sw or hw though). If it's a network-sourced handset report it.

Associate
My phone is still on G935FXXU1DPLT, from back when I upgraded (manually) to 7.0, will I eventually get an update OTA, or will I have to manually flash using Odin going forward?

Back
Top Bottom