**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S8/S8+ Thread ****

Soldato
I think V2 is exactly the same but with a slightly different adaptor for USB-c to take the chunkier S8+ and S8 fits. Though some models of the V2 have shipped with the USB C adaptor, apparently the s8 does not quite fit perfectly and the S8+ is a risky fit.

The adaptors are cheap and i think you are personally better off going for V2 + adaptor + your bluetooth controller of choice, rather than their one which looks a tad awkward. I would probably get one with a keyboard central to the game-pad buttons or something with a keyboard solution, for the sake of easy browsing.
I would only use it for movies and gaming, no need to browse internet using it. Seen the V2 really cheap on the FB market thingy.

Permabanned
OP
Just got a new update come through, will post the new version number.

Hey All,

I've just upgraded to an S8 from an S6+

Can anyone recommend any hints and tips to improve battery life , so far i have disabled auto brightness and screen timeout to 15 Seconds

Any must have apps? this Bixby i don't think is any use , any method to disable it ?

I have just installed AccuBattery and set the full charge level to 80% as the app advised - what do you have yours set to ?

you can disable bixby with a range of apps in the app store.

Associate
Phone.png

Nothing on Three yet...

Associate
Hi all, so my wife dropped my week old S8 last night and the front glass has cracked.

Am I looking at silly money to get it repaired through Samsung, don't really want to take it too a back street shop.

Associate
What sort of deep sleep stats are people seeing? Trying to work out if my 61% of screen off time is normal or low

Thanks!

Don't check that often but generally in the 65 to 75% range. Varies though. Don't lose any sleep over it. Rare day the battery runs low/out but depends on usage/signal strength/wind direction!

Soldato
Don't check that often but generally in the 65 to 75% range. Varies though. Don't lose any sleep over it. Rare day the battery runs low/out but depends on usage/signal strength/wind direction!
Lol yeah I do tend to have really good days and some terrible days with it! :D
Anyone have any knowledge of how induction charging affects battery if at all?

As regards S8, I don't think it does any harm.
I believe it is in fact better than fast charging (providing your wireless charger is 'slow') as it should generate less heat than fast wireless/cable charging

Soldato
Mines going back for repair as I have the blurry camera issue. It's confirmed as hardware fault so I guess they'll replace the module or whatever. Means I'm without a phone for 2 weeks though, not great :(

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Hmm some positive news regarding Android O, according to Google:

We’ve also been working closely with our partners, and by the end of this year, hardware makers including Essential, General Mobile, HMD Global Home of Nokia Phones, Huawei, HTC, Kyocera, LG, Motorola, Samsung, Sharp and Sony are scheduled to launch or upgrade devices to Android 8.0 Oreo. Any devices enrolled in the Android Beta Program will also receive this final version. You can learn more at android.com/oreo.

https://www.blog.google/products/android/android-oreo-superpowers-coming-device-near-you/

So if we can expect O by year's end,. then that's very good news, this also ties in nicely with chatter about beta programs running from October as it coincides with the S7 Marchmallow beta that ran until the new year.

Associate
Back
Top Bottom