**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S8/S8+ Thread ****

Soldato
Nice find.
I bought two from Ebay last year, both were fakes.
One lasted a fortnight before dying, managed to get a refund on that one, the other lasted about 10 weeks.
Vendor told me to contact Samsung who promptly took one look at it and told me it was fake.

See these are from the Samsung store, think I'll try again.
Not a real Samsung store bud.

Soldato
tempted to throw s8+ against the wall...
after the update in November I think and hard reset as it was playing up, it got worse...
came back from holiday few days ago and it was just dead slow...did HR last night... now pics from half of the trip are nothing the SD card...just gone...no photos on card since previous HR...and for some reason Google photos were not backed up for at least a week... tried to make a video now...and after I stop recording, it takes around 30 sec for camera app to stop...

could there be any internal damaged caused by it being dropped a while back ?? just the front glass is crkaced screen has no damage itself

EDIT two videos I just made are no where to be found...either SD or internal...

Soldato
tempted to throw s8+ against the wall...
after the update in November I think and hard reset as it was playing up, it got worse...
came back from holiday few days ago and it was just dead slow...did HR last night... now pics from half of the trip are nothing the SD card...just gone...no photos on card since previous HR...and for some reason Google photos were not backed up for at least a week... tried to make a video now...and after I stop recording, it takes around 30 sec for camera app to stop...

could there be any internal damaged caused by it being dropped a while back ?? just the front glass is crkaced screen has no damage itself

EDIT two videos I just made are no where to be found...either SD or internal...

Sounds like a faulty SD card to be honest.

What I've found with Samsung phones is the performance and overall experience can be drastically affected by an SD card.

Man of Honour
Been running OneUI beta for the last day and so far everything is nice. It took a full day for things to get smooth and snappy, I guess Android builds up its cashes throughout the day or something.

Some nice new features and I'm liking the gesture based navigation especially when typing as it reduces the gap at the bottom of the screen when the keyboard is up.

The visual change with OneUI is really nice, the syste, dark theme is also very nice. It feels more like how you'd expect a Samsung Nexus to feel running the latest Android build.

Neat.

Soldato
Wow, that's some distance behind. Maybe power off the device, remove and re-insert the sim before powering on the device and seeing if it picks up an update?
Just done as you suggested, but still no update.

Could it be because it's the Active variant of the S8...maybe only updates will be sent in the US?

Associate
I've completed the Registration. But everytime I go to system update it shows no new update. Any ideas?

Try a restart, i had to reboot phone and then it showed up. It's a 1.6Gb update so Wi-Fi recommended unless your on big data tariff

I would echo MRK's comments, nice and smooth now after install yesterday and really enjoying using it so far. Visually prefer it to previous UI and works well even with Nova running. Lots of nice little tweaks and bits that make the phone far nicer to use

Back
Top Bottom