**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S8/S8+ Thread ****

Man of Honour
Oh CRAP!

Update.zip flashed, all looking fine. No visible feature changes from ZRA5 (Oreo beta 6), I was on BTU, still on BTU. Looks like the update only patches your system files and retains your home region code so this is all good.

4ZGPfzp.jpg

Overall, 10/10, would update again.

Edit2*

Maybe placebo, but I swear scrolling smoothness is smoother than even beta 6, which was mega smooth...

Last edited:
Associate
Flashed the update today, all went well, definitely feels snappier compared to the last Oreo beta.

Went to reinstall substratum and it wants me to buy an additional add on called ‘andromeda’ (which is in development and advises it maybe unstable) hmmm.

Soldato
It feels good to be using Android Pay again :p

Now you've had it a couple of days, does everything work ok? Any negatives so far? Banking apps, play store, battery life?
Samsung dont seem to have pushed the update officially may way yet, and I'm not sure about the xda update zip (I have it downloaded) as a lot of muppets on xda seem to be having issues, but I dont think are doing it right ;)

Cheers

Caporegime
AOD on mine only comes on when it's on charge (over night on charge pad). It does move about. Against the AOD on my previous Moto X, the samsung offering is pretty lame. I find it does drain the battery as you would expect. An app I got off XDA (I think) turns AOD on when on charge and doubles as a bedside clock overnight. That is as about useful as it gets IMO. Other than AOD the S8 beats the Moto X hands down.

Been testing some more and AOD is killing my battery life :confused: I even started to turn my phone's screen face down on the desk so that it gets turned off when not needed....

Shame as I really want to use it!

Man of Honour
Now you've had it a couple of days, does everything work ok? Any negatives so far? Banking apps, play store, battery life?
Samsung dont seem to have pushed the update officially may way yet, and I'm not sure about the xda update zip (I have it downloaded) as a lot of muppets on xda seem to be having issues, but I dont think are doing it right ;)

Cheers
Everything seems to be working perfectly really. That's the upside to Samsung releases, they take their time, but everything just works.

Google could learn a thing here :p

I did a quick video on it too: https://youtu.be/73uBM4f8lLE

Associate
Everything seems to be working perfectly really. That's the upside to Samsung releases, they take their time, but everything just works.

Google could learn a thing here :p

I did a quick video on it too: https://youtu.be/73uBM4f8lLE

I'm away for a few days. Dare not flash the update zip just in case it went wrong! Will probably do so when back tomorrow. Beta has been fine on my phone.

Nexus - I was sure AOD was keeping phone awake when it was in my pocket.

Back
Top Bottom