**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S9/S9 Plus Thread ****

Soldato
Really, really enjoying this phone. Performance is fantastic. Everything just works so well. The only small issue, is whilst on mobile data, sometimes I don't get WhatsApp or messenger notifications. I've gone through battery options and make sure the apps don't sleep, but still a bit hit and miss. Other than that, the best phone I've used.

Caporegime
I took delivery of an s9+ on Thursday and its still in its package unopened, still mulling over if its worth ditching my s6 edge + for essentially a slightly bigger screen and camera + storage upgrade for the most part.

Soldato
Thoroughly enjoying my S9+.

Less so the email from Samsung saying that the Z5 I traded in suffers from a weak vibrate function and I need to pay £75 to continue. It's a really weird email too as there are links right there in the email saying "click me" which, naturally, I don't want to do.

Soldato
That's a really specific failure! Was it noticeably to you? My z3 was accepted, I was a little concerned as I'd just replaced the port covers with unofficial versions and they're unscathedness stood out from the rest of the phone.

Soldato
Thoroughly enjoying my S9+.

Less so the email from Samsung saying that the Z5 I traded in suffers from a weak vibrate function and I need to pay £75 to continue. It's a really weird email too as there are links right there in the email saying "click me" which, naturally, I don't want to do.

That's unfortunate, anyone know what happens you don't pay the £75? do they take it from payment card automatically? I honestly thought they would refuse or do similar with the S4 I sent in for trade in, cant believe they gave £95 or thereabouts for a beaten up S4

Soldato
Really, really enjoying this phone. Performance is fantastic. Everything just works so well. The only small issue, is whilst on mobile data, sometimes I don't get WhatsApp or messenger notifications. I've gone through battery options and make sure the apps don't sleep, but still a bit hit and miss. Other than that, the best phone I've used.

What network are you on? I'm on virgin and had the same issues as well.

Soldato
Nice things cost money... I don't see that as being madness.

What's lost on a lot of people is that phones as with many other things like cars and computers etc are more than the sum of their parts.

You could have a 6" bezel free android device with 6gb of ram etc etc and it could still easily be a POS if it's poorly optimised, this is the extra sauce people like Samsung or Apple bring to the party that you can't get on a spec sheet.

I will say I managed to fool someone yesterday that my S8+ was an S9+ but hardly surprising :)

Associate
Has anyone had any problems with Google Chrome? more specifically it crashing at random times? It's not a lot but just doing normal browsing, can be the BBC website or Sky Sports and it'll crash out saying the app has had to close.

Associate
Can anyone tell me if it's worth it (hassle wise) to order the S9+ from the German Amazon store?
Would anyone know what the final cost would be (using a regular CC)?
Do you just download the UK firmware to make it usable or do you just alter the language to English?

Thank you.

Associate
A couple more Q's

Does anyone know if you buy the SIM free S9+ from a Samsung UK store, do you get any free stuff with it? (I've phoned both Manchester stores but can't get through at all. One of the numbers is dead).

If I bought it from a foreign site i.e. Toby Deals as an example.
Is it better to try and get a certain CPU type over the other, Snapdragon vs Exynos?
For performance, battery life and the ability to root it?

Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom