**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S9/S9 Plus Thread ****

Soldato
Got the easy bit done and ordered the S9+ Hybrid early this morning.

Now onto the hard part; picking a case!

Hyperknit all day long

S9 vs S9+? Will I notice a difference?

I would personally never have gone for a plus before, always had the iPhone 6 sized devices. I even thought my S7 Edge was a big big. I also tried monsters like the Z2 and Nexus 6.. swore me off much over 5" phones but something to do with the skinnier aspect ratio makes the S8+ seem like a perfect sized device to me. I'll be doing what I can to go S9+. Vs S9 it has the bigger screen, more RAM, more storage, better camera.. Why not :)

Associate
My contract ends on the 13th so I've just purchased an S9+ and will be sticking an unlimited data sim in it. Roll on the 9th!

Caporegime
Can't believe they are making such a bug deal about the dual aperture. For a sensor that size, it has to be F/0.0001 or something to get anything like my 85/1.2 can do.

These excuses to let more light in in the dark or sharper by closing it down…just make the lens good quality enough so it is sharp wide open, that's is the definition of a good lens, you can shoot wide open. If you need to close down to get sharpness then it's your regular lens, nothing special.

Soldato
Can't believe they are making such a bug deal about the dual aperture. For a sensor that size, it has to be F/0.0001 or something to get anything like my 85/1.2 can do.

These excuses to let more light in in the dark or sharper by closing it down…just make the lens good quality enough so it is sharp wide open, that's is the definition of a good lens, you can shoot wide open. If you need to close down to get sharpness then it's your regular lens, nothing special.
But that's what they have to do to make mugs like me buy them ;)

Soldato
I had major issues trying to find a protector that fitted my s7 edge that was both responsive and stayed attached. In the end I just gave up and went naked. I've dropped it a couple of times but only on carpet and it is fine. I hope the protectors are better for the s9 plus.
Yootech ones are pretty good, don't last all that well in terms of time but are easy enough to fit to the curves

Soldato
Why spoil a nice screen?

This... I had a panzer one on my S7 edge.. it just killed the sensitivity of the edges. I didn't bother with my iPhone 7 and now my S8+ and honestly... no issues.

Just don't put it in a pocket with keys and if you're really worried get a flip/wallet type case but I've been genuinely impressed with how strong screens are nowadays (for scratches.. I have so many colleagues with broken screens but I'm sceptical that screen protectors, especially cheap glass ones, help that)

Soldato
Going to the USA soon. Wondering if it's worth picking it up over there as cheaper. It should work with a UK sim?

They are region locked to stop grey imports so it wont work back here in the UK properly due to different mobile reception, also no warranty as Samsung don't do international warranty.

Back
Top Bottom