**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S9/S9 Plus Thread ****

Soldato
First impressions are it's a very complete phone feature wise. Fingerprint sensor works well although could have had a larger indent.

Speakers are a big step forward over single side, has a decent amount of fullness to the sound, atmos makes it louder but a bit too Trebley for me with it enabled.

Speed and smoothness seems good, was a bit choppy when initially setting up but has settled down now. Still not as buttery as a Pixel but not far off.

Soldato
Anyone pre-order from Samsung and receive the below from DPD today instead of receiving their phone?

A friend had this and it is complete rubbish as the snow has been gone in our area for about 1 week now.

Curious to see if anyone else received the same in an area where there is no snow? And DPD are simply looking for something to blame if they couldn't deliver all the orders in time.

Your parcel has been delayed due to Snow in your area

Mobster
Soldato
First impressions are it's a very complete phone feature wise. Fingerprint sensor works well although could have had a larger indent.

Speakers are a big step forward over single side, has a decent amount of fullness to the sound, atmos makes it louder but a bit too Trebley for me with it enabled.

Speed and smoothness seems good, was a bit choppy when initially setting up but has settled down now. Still not as buttery as a Pixel but not far off.

Thanks Kona.

Associate
Loving the phone, big upgrade from iPhone 6s plus. What's the easiest way to transfer WhatsApp messages from iPhone to android. Thought the usb transfer would work but alas that would be too easy!

I'm still setting mine up as my sdcard developed a fault and I had to format it. I will sort of miss the VR headset from my S7 but I didn't use it much tbh. Too vomit inducing. The headphones sound quite poor but I am used to my Jaybird's however, the speakers are pretty good. You could easily watch netflix or something on it with those speakers, or even listen to some music at a pinch. usb C is really handy, this is my first device with it on other than my PC lol. The case I bought it fine, looks nice. It feels much smoother than my S7 the AR emogy thingy is pointless.

IopaEdGsdooaUBxSjYPKmUJ6RXPddrcbfrVDJxJnRw9YPTRHadGPXmkyFhCjBpHlKRO3uQKmn7qpzfSotoOEznP8OKSYRCILCT1HtKPz4tVi_MhDH3OqbtKpgpPGSeIX5GX0fwq5hDVowL56xeGPldg0Q5qKQGgm87M--ArK-lo2AkU0KTAzuvyJL7gXoELnQycIPiJYWWfq0PhgMUWfitV2A844Qs9nVkOw4TSvzp3C01e7T9soRH6wU3M875DNQ_hNOKIWdWt4MRaUrjmi25S1Qy-YxpXs2lZ0VN2TFIb8SI7agYII_pdRdSKxnLQSMp5uyc1I_OOI-_8o4dit8oPS-YY1xH59KR6tYBdKcTus8V_DRViIXlwhE2qpDpZ_94pXwe_Shdhs-OqgNGo3vfoEsK6jmjG_8cW5F6mkIb9E4Pe7tOggfgKcTjvVaDdLlem-Mb_8BdJj2c1XPi9RKlFt5v7drylk76SW8Qx4YHexCG0ghnv1BKw3s1AD7s5TZPvgFi8vXwuW-lH8H7odZzVgxXtZmEFRrU8pO6shfznXZ3ySm79hAjg2rrH8pIh513o2ggIm--ca7WJk4Kqz68avUfd0fpepvvBX3nam=s360-no

Have you checked your VR box to see if it came with a choice of USB connections?. I've just checked mines to discover it has and thats an older headset (V2??) that came out before the pre-bundled controller.

Is you version white or black? I think I have the older white version with only micro USB.

Soldato
I'm going from a Z5 compact with a broken microphone and battery that only lasts a few hours on a charge after only 1 year of use to the S9 also.
Yeah, after a few bounces and repairs with my bank insurance my z5 didn't have a working fingerprint sensor. A pain as I used it all the time. So far the one on the 9+ is excellent. Being able to use it to unlock lastpass is nice too.

Loving the phone, big upgrade from iPhone 6s plus. What's the easiest way to transfer WhatsApp messages from iPhone to android. Thought the usb transfer would work but alas that would be too easy!
Assuming you can backup to Google drive on iPhone zdo that and then you'll need to remove WhatsApp from your new phone, download and sign in again before you'll be able to restore.

Might be another way though.

Soldato
Yeah, after a few bounces and repairs with my bank insurance my z5 didn't have a working fingerprint sensor. A pain as I used it all the time. So far the one on the 9+ is excellent. Being able to use it to unlock lastpass is nice too.

Assuming you can backup to Google drive on iPhone zdo that and then you'll need to remove WhatsApp from your new phone, download and sign in again before you'll be able to restore.

Might be another way though.

Unfortunately not iPhone backs up to iCloud so there not compatible think you have to use some 3rd party app remember seeing a thread about it recently

It's a lovely phone no doubt. The keyboard seem much more accurate or rather my fat fingers seem to make less errors when typing compared to the s7 edge. I do feel it doesn't quite have the same wow factor
That the s7 had although it is better in every way apart from the missing VR element. No free headset.

Last edited:
Associate
Finally got mine yesterday. S9+
(My dad's didn't get delivered lol)
First impressions is its a lot smaller than I first thought. I've seen iPhone plus models and always thought they were way to big however this one barley feels bigger than my Samsung s7 non edge.
The screen is a thing of beauty.
The new sound is a huge improvement over the s7 which is great for me as I can use it to listen to music in work without having to bring my Bluetooth speaker in.
The face and iris unlock works however it doesn't always recognise me which is annoying however the one thing I was worried about which is the finger print reader is perfectly fine. Would still like it under the screen at the front though.
The camera quality is great however I'm rubbish at taking photos so what ever.
I ran a test over night using pc mark battery test.
My s7 took 5 hours 44 minutes to get down to 20% where as my s9 plus took over 11 hours :) that's a huge improvement and I may not need the extended battery case I bought.
The keyboard feels great and im finally able to type as quick as I could on my old iphone 5 which was 4 years and 2 phones ago.
The phone feels quick and snappy and I am trying to get over the habbit of closing all my apps after I launch a few as on my s7 having 4 5 open throughout the day would cause my phone to lag until I closed them all. This I have had over 20 apps open and not a single hint of slowdown so far.

Bixby is meh from what I have tried so far. It can recognise my voice but doesn't really seem that useful so I have disabled the button. However I do like how when you swipe left from the home screen it can show you a lot of your notifications from facebook email and such (however it only shows whats trending on twitter which is a disappointment) At least it still has the upday stuff which I found very useful on my s7 for getting headlines and such. Just wish you could choose a list of sites and rss feeds to show

Overall if your coming from an s7 or lower phone you will find this a large improvement over those. From an s8 not so much

Soldato
Quick question about DPD deliveries a lot of you have had. What happens if you are not it when DPD delivers, do they leave it with a neighbour or do they just reschedule for when you are in?

Associate
Quick question about DPD deliveries a lot of you have had. What happens if you are not it when DPD delivers, do they leave it with a neighbour or do they just reschedule for when you are in?

they wont leave a phone with a neighbour. They would send back to depot where you can either pick up or reschedule

Soldato
It's a lovely phone no doubt. The keyboard seem much more accurate or rather my fat fingers seem to make less errors when typing compared to the s7 edge. I do feel it doesn't quite have the same wow factor
That the s7 had although it is better in every way apart from the missing VR element. No free headset.
Hardly surprising no free headset there wasn't with s7 or s8 on launch? Or certainly not direct

Soldato
Thinking of getting this phone from https://www.mobilephonesdirect.co.u...s/samsung-galaxy-s9-plus-128gb-midnight-black

with 30gb data for £51 a month on O2. Has anyone used mobilephonesidrect.co.uk ? Are they reputable?

That's the deal I just got with their sister company The smart phone company, At least I think it is as they always have the same deals and the website layout is the same.

I had my S7E from MPD and they were great, no problems claiming cashback or anything.

Back
Top Bottom