The 'Official' Screenshot & Tips thread 4 FSX enthusiasts & flight simmers.

Thanks for the quick reply. Is it possible to add/ input acutal weather value aswell as it what makes this airfield appealling

There are a number of weather packages out there.

REX
Opusfsx
Active Sky.

I've used all 3 and find Opus the most accurate. I use Rex for the cloud textures etc. They do fantastic textures.

I was reading about Opus FX and for £30 it does loads...

However, has anybody got it installed and running across a network?

If I've read correctly, you need an FSX install on client and server to make use of 'Live Camera Views'. Is this how it works?

REX
Opusfsx
Active Sky.

I've used all 3 and find Opus the most accurate. I use Rex for the cloud textures etc. They do fantastic textures.

You can also set FSX to download real world weather from Jeppessen. However, as it's free, it's slightly less accurate and the graphics aren't as good/realistic than if you were to get Active Sky, Opus or REX.

I was reading about Opus FX and for £30 it does loads...

However, has anybody got it installed and running across a network?

If I've read correctly, you need an FSX install on client and server to make use of 'Live Camera Views'. Is this how it works?

I don't use the camera view mate so not 100% sure. I don't think you need to install it twice if you want to use the different views. I do know if you want to have Opus(weather engine) on another machine then you definitely have to install it on "server" and client side.

Maybe your PC thought 'he we go again' and had already allocated memory for a Go Around? When your tyres delicately kissed the tarmac, it was memory overload.:D

funny!

It's just so frustrating. Never had an issue before. Gatwick was particularly busy today! Everybody and their bloody T7's :p ;)

I have just installed FSX again with VFR real scenery for South East England, but I think the scenery looks a bit rubbish compared to some screenshots in here. Is there a better scenery pack for East/South East England? Or maybe I have not set it up right

Some screenshots from flights in Poland:

Preparing to land at Warsaw-Chopin International Airport:

9vhkA.jpg

Departing Krakow-Balice:

WPTyM.jpg

Approaching Gdansk airport:

kC81a.jpg

Flying around Lodz:

Z4xUA.jpg

Landing at Gdansk airport:

J5SUW.jpg

Evening departure from Krakow-Balice:

D79n.jpg

Climbing out of Gdansk:

yg2zv.jpg

Refueling at Krakow-Balice airport:

fYUTR.jpg

Gdansk new terminal building:

eEM.jpg

Warsaw during sunset (FTX Global 1.1 patch lighting):

xfD7l.jpg

REX
Opusfsx
Active Sky.

and the best one isn't even on your list :p

If you want the most accurate aloft winds then FSGRW is the one to get. It also does a much better job at weather depiction and the only one of all four weather engines to do a half decent job at fog generation (with stratus clouds).

and the best one isn't even on your list :p

If you want the most accurate aloft winds then FSGRW is the one to get. It also does a much better job at weather depiction and the only one of all four weather engines to do a half decent job at fog generation (with stratus clouds).

Nice Photos, what mods you using again?

Not heard too much about FSGW so cant comment. Opus is a fantastic . The Dev's are constantly working on it. It improves every week.

Nice Photos, what mods you using again?

Not heard too much about FSGW so cant comment. Opus is a fantastic . The Dev's are constantly working on it. It improves every week.

SweetFX mainly. FSGRW is similar, they improve it weekly - I have Opus as well (and REX/AS2012) but would definitely recommend FSGRW to anyone looking for a wx engine.

Back
Top Bottom