**The Official Star Wars Battlefront II Thread (PC)**

Associate
Sigh.

Thanks for the link. I didn't watch the full 30 minutes but the majority as it more or less summed up what I'd predicted anyway; there's a good game lurking there somewhere but it is completely marred by all the other ********. Never have I really been so torn and whether or not to purchase anything, let alone a game. I'm currently still leaning towards not buying it but maybe experiencing it for a few hours through Origin Access is the happy medium.

Man of Honour
Sigh.

Thanks for the link. I didn't watch the full 30 minutes but the majority as it more or less summed up what I'd predicted anyway; there's a good game lurking there somewhere but it is completely marred by all the other ********. Never have I really been so torn and whether or not to purchase anything, let alone a game. I'm currently still leaning towards not buying it but maybe experiencing it for a few hours through Origin Access is the happy medium.

Pretty much the story for any game created by Dice Stockholm - they do great graphics, **** they do awesome graphics, but gameplay/mechanics they really should leave to someone else - unfortunately they seem convinced they are geniuses at it and they really aren't.

Soldato
At first I thought this was a certain purchase for me and I almost bought it on pre-order from CDKeys who actually had it going for £27 for a few weeks in the summer. Now I know I'll never buy it - I will play through the campaign once it gets put on Origin Access but I don't even feel any pull towards the multi-player at all - aside that is from star fighter assault modes that I'll no doubt have a play with. I was also definitely going to buy it for kids PC for Xmas until I learned that local multiplayer split screen in arcade mode wasn't implemented for the PC version so that won't be happening either.

Associate
Quite a few changes today with the DLC. A new galactic assault map, new Starfighter map, Finn and Captain Phasma are free, got a load of crates for some reason, some challenges with decent rewards and different loading screens so you can see what map is up next. The odd nerf and buff here and there too. Maybe increased credits as rewards too. I’m forgetting a few things too I’m sure.

The speculation is that there will be a marketplace to buy/trade items rather than gambling.

Soldato
Got a game on the new map, looks impressive was a good battle until we got inside the base and couldn't push forward.

Lot's of shiny new stuff from crates, most welcome.

Such a shame that the S'storm this caused (thoroughly deserved I may add) has ruined what really is a fun game.

Soldato
Amazed people are still supporting ea and playing this ****

Would love to see the player numbers

My son and I have revisited the original and finding it quite easy now to get a match, couple of months ago it was hard to get a full match. Quite enjoying the first one all the muppets seem to have migrated to II. Bought him II for his birthday but waiting for prices to come down a bit so I can get a copy.

Back
Top Bottom