**The Official Star Wars Battlefront II Thread (PC)**

Soldato
@‘Wes - split in what way?

During BF2, BC2 and BF3 the community pretty much went from game to game, BF4 was the same for a while but the issues left a sour taste despite they're resolved now, and BF1 is a different style of Battlefield altogether which (imo) split the community further and this doesn't mean i'm saying it's an unsuccessful game.

Not many high profile YouTuber's show Battlefield content anymore as well (except Westie, he's more consistent), they're mainly showing PUBG, Fortnite (now), the Tom Clancy Rainbow game and some throwbacks to the Battlefield games that i've mentioned.

The way i feel is that the Battlefield franchise does not have a big buzz around it anymore as it did during the era of BF2, BC2 and BF3.

Associate
It's a good thing the DLC is coming along soon as I'd be just about done with the game otherwise. Played all the maps a ton of times and upgraded the cards I wanted to up to level 3.

Top tip if you want some easy credits is to play custom arcade then you can hit some of the milestones quite easily. Starfighter milestones are also quite easy as hardly anyone plays so the rubbish AI is usually your enemy. Got 500 kills over the last day and a half on Starfighter. Do the easy milestones first to get lots of credits and crafting parts.

Servers still quite bad today. I thought it was going to stiff me for me daily crate but it resolved itself.

Soldato
It's a good thing the DLC is coming along soon as I'd be just about done with the game otherwise. Played all the maps a ton of times and upgraded the cards I wanted to up to level 3.

Top tip if you want some easy credits is to play custom arcade then you can hit some of the milestones quite easily. Starfighter milestones are also quite easy as hardly anyone plays so the rubbish AI is usually your enemy. Got 500 kills over the last day and a half on Starfighter. Do the easy milestones first to get lots of credits and crafting parts.

Servers still quite bad today. I thought it was going to stiff me for me daily crate but it resolved itself.
Can you describe what the arcade mode is like? I fancy getting this for my boys for Christmas as I understand it has split screen local multiplayer - are there levels or is it a survival thing with waves of enemies? I'm loathe to give EA the money given their behaviour with the progression system and likely won't be purchasing it for my own PC as a result - I'll wait for it to be added to Origin Access but my boys love Star Wars and love local co-op games so there is no point in depriving them of the game on the back of all the nonsense.

Associate
@heartburnron Arcade has a few set scenarios for the long light side and dark side and 3 levels of difficulty. It has both team versus team games and survival wave games. You can use custom arcade to set your own parameters and create your own games too.

There is split screen I understand on PS4 and Xbox One for arcade mode.

There’s the campaign too so I’m sure your kids can play that too although it only lasts about 6 hours.

Yes, progression is very broken right now due to the removal of pay 2 win.

Soldato
@heartburnron Arcade has a few set scenarios for the long light side and dark side and 3 levels of difficulty. It has both team versus team games and survival wave games. You can use custom arcade to set your own parameters and create your own games too.

There is split screen I understand on PS4 and Xbox One for arcade mode.

There’s the campaign too so I’m sure your kids can play that too although it only lasts about 6 hours.

Yes, progression is very broken right now due to the removal of pay 2 win.
Thanks for this. So no split screen on the PC version? That sucks - why do developers do this? I can understand maybe 10 years ago before you could plug in controllers but not now. I just built my boys a gaming PC so that I wouldn't have to fork out for new consoles each gen and spend £40+ on games!

Soldato
its not even as good gameplay as the 2015 one IMHO

that was a spammy pew pew fest but at least it was fun
this is less fun, the maps are smaller, its way more annoying, like grind for a whole match to get a hero and then instantly die in 1 shot

the only things i think are good are 1. a single player (even though its not a great one its still a nice looking star wars single player, which they have starved us of for years) and 2. the starfighter stuff
arcade mode is fun for a few mins just to sandbox (but again not as good as the 2015 skirmish mode)

id be happy if i can just play vs bots offline like the 2015 skirmish mode for galactic assult and starfighter

Associate
@gettothechopper - I agree with most of that except I didn't have massive expectations of it so I'm 'happy' that it is a pew pew fest.

Yes, single player is ok but too easy. There are some new missions coming along next week.

I only started on the Starfighter stuff in the last couple of weeks but I'm enjoying that too.

Associate
Hi guys,

I've been absolutely caning BF1 recently; had the day off work today and played for about 3 hours straight on the new DLC maps, I've not done that in years!

Now that the controversy has faded somewhat, how does this actually stand up? Are there many people playing? I've only recently come back to gaming so I missed the first but I like Star Wars and the screenshots look gorgeous. I'm tempted... but should I be?

Soldato
This is why EA doesn't have to fix anything in the game. People like Star Wars and will buy the game after a few weeks.
The movie coming out, and Christmas, will generate a ton of sales.

From what I've seen it's still a laggy unbalanced mess, that belongs in the bin.

Associate
The game will be dead by the end of January once the Christmas kids stop playing.

I think that's pretty likely unless they do some significant surgery to the progression system. I'm still playing but now I've upgraded the star cards to 3/blue/rare on Assualt Class, Kylo and just working on Starfighter and Poe's X-wing I'll stop.

Soldato
The sad thing is, it'll die and then everyone will get mega hyped about Star Wars BF3, where EA have "learned from past mistakes", again...
They've got a free pass to repeat this forever.

Soldato
Hi guys,

I've been absolutely caning BF1 recently; had the day off work today and played for about 3 hours straight on the new DLC maps, I've not done that in years!

Now that the controversy has faded somewhat, how does this actually stand up? Are there many people playing? I've only recently come back to gaming so I missed the first but I like Star Wars and the screenshots look gorgeous. I'm tempted... but should I be?

I own it and enjoy it. I'd go as far as to say it's a cracking game once you get into it.

The problem is the grind, players who have had a head start or used the 'pay to win' on release to unlock the best gear(cards) will have a big advantage.

The space combat is second to none, it looks amazing and the flight feels great but don't be surprised when you get smashed by someone with 'said' card advantage.

If you really want to play it, go the Origin Trial route and subscribe for one month £3-4 and try it for 10 hours. At first I hated it, I was getting blown to bits in seconds but I persevered and after a few hours it had that one more game feel.

This video sums it up quite well...

Back
Top Bottom