**The Official Star Wars Battlefront II Thread (PC)**

Soldato
Bought it today seen the cdKeys price, on previous page, even if I was skeptical about the game.

First of all. The visuals are amazing, and the game runs perfectly on the 1080Ti with everything maxed out

Second. I really like it up to now, still cannot get the handle of the Tie Fighter though but was always crap on flying games.

Third. I do not see all the fuss about the loot boxes etc. I like playing with normal troopers/droids and not some hero either way.

What is bugging me, is the game doesn't support VR. Especially Endor and the space battles, should be looking stunning in VR.

Soldato
Bought it today seen the cdKeys price, on previous page, even if I was skeptical about the game.

First of all. The visuals are amazing, and the game runs perfectly on the 1080Ti with everything maxed out

Second. I really like it up to now, still cannot get the handle of the Tie Fighter though but was always crap on flying games.

Third. I do not see all the fuss about the loot boxes etc. I like playing with normal troopers/droids and not some hero either way.

What is bugging me, is the game doesn't support VR. Especially Endor and the space battles, should be looking stunning in VR.

Yep, it's stunning to see in action and it's also a really good fps to pick up and play.

The damage from the P2W loot crates is irreversible to some and if I'm honest I wouldn't have bought it however the 'Origin trial' got hooked me after an hour or so.

Soldato
Yep, it's stunning to see in action and it's also a really good fps to pick up and play.

The damage from the P2W loot crates is irreversible to some and if I'm honest I wouldn't have bought it however the 'Origin trial' got hooked me after an hour or so.

Yeah. The game is stunning. Looking forward to Naboo, which from the videos looks amazing planet.

Is shame SWTOR is using an archaic Hero engine, and there is nothing in the pipeline for SW MMORPG with much better graphics. :/

Soldato
Amazed people are still supporting ea and playing this ****

Would love to see the player numbers

People are fickle. They make a big noise and shout on the internet about how disgusted they are with the shady practices of EA and how they'll never support such a ****** company, but then just go and buy the game anyway.

Man of Honour
People are fickle. They make a big noise and shout on the internet about how disgusted they are with the shady practices of EA and how they'll never support such a ****** company, but then just go and buy the game anyway.

To be expected really, ultimately most gamers dont like to feel that they are missing out and also get bored easily and want something new to play, gamers are also 'sale' prone, like those people who buy stuff they dont really need just because they see it on sale. If its comparatively cheap, many gamers will buy titles just because.

Soldato

It's gamers, these are the people that have embraced pre-orders, DLC, micro-transactions and loot crates so it isn't a surprise.
You have to remember that to a large section it's not a hobby anymore, it's a lifestyle and as gamers their sense of entitlement must be fulfilled.

We all know that this game does not deserve to sell a single copy but gamers have memories as short as the campaign in it, also dont forget it's Star Wars which means if you took the stinkiest slimiest steaming turd and slapped the Star Wars badge on it someone would buy it.

Caporegime
^^

Pretty much

I can't understand why people are buying this despite the micro transactions STILL being there just "temporarily" disabled i.e. until this **** storm blows over and people forget and move on.... This is what EA/disney/dice are hoping for. EA/dice have already said that they can't change the game/grind/loot boxes because the game was made with micro transactions in mind so essentially they would have to re-write the entire game with regards to balance, no way are they going to waste that much time/resources doing that, at best, they will just give more credits per match allowing you buy more lootboxes and maybe a double xp or whatever weekend more often and remove the purple cards from lootboxes.

Associate
There was talk about buying cards directly but that seems pointless to me. Some will have advantage to start with but then eventually people will catch up through grinding. Progression is currently broken. Good to see they’ve offered some better rewards on milestones though. Got 1000 credits for playing three games of galactic assault this morning.

Soldato
Might pick this up later, only £26 and spent more than that watching TLJ at the IMAX :)

Sucker for star wars games and actually enjoyed the trial on the Xbox but prefer mouse and keyboard over a pad.

Are the servers still full in multiplayer?

Soldato
TBH you can have all the best cards but at level 0 you won’t be able to use them all anyway. Once you’ve levelled up to use them you’ll have received them all as repeat cards.

Soldato
So folks, is this worth picking up? I mean is the microtransaction thing still in effect or is it tonned down now?
Is it very much pay to win?

(I head things like upgrades on Awings can give you 20% higher turn rates/firepower etc etc.
Kinda shame for those of us (i.e. me) who are a bit poo at FPS these days.

Soldato
It's no longer pay to win. Whether or not it remains that way no-one knows.

It is a good game, it has plenty to do and the multiplayer isn't serious. Well worth £26 imo.

Soldato
They will wait until new year and turn pay to win back on. It's obvious what EA's plan is, it's EA.

People aren't falling for it though and sales have been poor from what I've read.

Back
Top Bottom