**The Official Star Wars Battlefront II Thread (PC)**

Soldato
Ok dropping everything to high seems to have improved IQ vastly.... and getting a constant 70+ fps now, feels very smooth. Guessing like previous BF/SWBF games, ultra settings aren't finished yet, not that ultra will be "much" better than high preset these days anyway.

But meh to this game, can't believe it, it plays and feels worse than the first one :confused: Despite all the changes on "paper" they made for the better, it is just awful. And don't get me started on the aircraft play, it feels and play a hundred times worse than the first game..... This just confirms that youtubers talk a load of ****, how anyone can think air combat is better than the first game is beyond me......

And the final nail in the coffin for me, will need to double check later on to be sure...... but given what youtubers have said..... no squad system and no way to spawn on your squad, at least for the current game mode anyway.....

Once/if BF 1 gets its server issues fixed and the next patch is great, I think I'll just get premium for it to tide me over till the next BF game or whatever, either that or make a return to BF 4!

Yup potato systems like mine :D :p

DX 12 has transformed every dx 11/12 game for me, the min fps being the biggest difference, talking about 20+ fps gain etc. With BF 1, it works great in SP but in MP, it is a **** show for some reason.

You won't see much gain from nvidia hardware anyway since they don't have the same level of hardware support as what AMD cards have.

Not quite sure what game you're playing but this looks incredible I'm playing in 4k, the reflections, lighting and immersion is superb it feels a lot more solid to play than the first.

Anyway folks the download only came through at 22gb so I'd bet money on it the 'ultra' setting in game isn't fully 'ultra' yet.

Soldato
Had so much fun in half an hour I'm looking forward to the full game, third person bits are epic also it adds another dimension to online play. Seems great so far looking forward to blasting over the weekend.

Caporegime
Not quite sure what game you're playing but this looks incredible I'm playing in 4k, the reflections, lighting and immersion is superb it feels a lot more solid to play than the first.

Anyway folks the download only came through at 22gb so I'd bet money on it the 'ultra' setting in game isn't fully 'ultra' yet.

Ultra preset looks terrible (at least on my end), just look at my previous screenshots, also looks like there is a very heavy film grain with heavy DOF or something on top, high preset is visually much better although still nowhere as good looking as the likes of this:

I suspect there is a bug with our current beta version too, or at least on my end anyway as some areas are extremely dark where no detail can be made, I'll have a mess about with the ambient occlusion setting later on as iirc, this was broken in the first one's beta too.....

As for the gameplay itself, still a big fat meh from me :(

Soldato
It wouldn't surprise me if Ultra settings weren't tuned yet and they don't want to put people off with poor frame rates and stuttering, so they're just disabled in the beta. DICE have done that before.

Soldato
from previous experience it is unlikely that DICE will ship the Open Beta with full Ultra preset available and working.

Caporegime
Pretty much as I expected it to be, garbage like the first, looks and runs well enough but the gameplay isn't for me.

I'm glad we get to play this sort of BETA, saves me money.

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm half tempted to get this game. I enjoy the first but I missed out early and never bought the game until much later when the player-base declined.

I'm impressed at how well they are optimising these games though. 1440p, running vsync with a 980 and the game gives me a fluid experience at 60fps.

Soldato
Everything set to ULTRA and it all looks so fuzzy, especially text in the menus, like there is interference running up and down the screen. I assume its supposed to look like that to give it that star wars look but its just making my eyes hurt as I try and focus.

Is it the same for you guys?

Caporegime
What sort of game were you hoping for then?

Well I was expecting a vastly better game given all the improvements made on paper so to speak but once you get in and play the game, it is just awful, it feels so lifeless and the aircraft play I still can't get over how bad it is......

And the squad system.... urgh, completely killed the game for me that.

Everything set to ULTRA and it all looks so fuzzy, especially text in the menus, like there is interference running up and down the screen. I assume its supposed to look like that to give it that star wars look but its just making my eyes hurt as I try and focus.

Is it the same for you guys?

Yup as posted in previous page, ultra is hideous looking, high preset is much better but still not a patch on what the videos from jackfrags etc. have shown....

Associate
As a big fan of the Original Trilogy, I rather liked the 2015 game, it looked and sounded amazing and was fun to play in short sessions. For some reason I'm not liking this one at all. It's Star Wars but oddly lacks the epic feel and atmosphere of the previous one, parly due to the near invisible laser fire and weak sounds.

Graphics look rather ugly and blurry on ultra preset. Theed map feel empty and dull, guns feel and sound very weak, opponents are bullit sponges and Galactic Assault is nowhere near as fun as Walker Assault. The singleplayer Arcade stuff looks very poor too, just thrown together modes that can be over in a couple of minutes. I'l get this cheap in 6 months, maybe.

Back
Top Bottom