*** The Official Steam Deck Thread ***

Thanx 512gb is currently £49.99 seems a good price

If that's the SanDisk one I've seen that is a U1 class one, the read speed is ok but the write might be a bit slow, if you can stretch just a little more you can get the SanDisk Extreme 512GB U3 (on offer when I checked) which is much quicker and takes full advantage of the decks read/write speed.

If that's the SanDisk one I've seen that is a U1 class one, the read speed is ok but the write might be a bit slow, if you can stretch just a little more you can get the SanDisk Extreme 512GB U3 (on offer when I checked) which is much quicker and takes full advantage of the decks read/write speed.
Seen the samsung evo u3 elsewhere for £55 might just get that as its 130 read and write

Note that the Deck is only UHS-1 compliant, so getting a UHS-3 card isn't going to net you any gains.
So pointless going for Any U3 Cards ?

Edit: just done some research and the A2 U3 cards are the best UHS-1 cards so there fine and will be better than the A1 cards

A2 U3 is the minimum I'd go for these days. Read speeds are always fine these days but last thing you want is the write speed to be slow. At least A2 U3 pretty much guarantees a good write speed if it's a decent brand.

Diffence in IOPS is pretty big between A1 and A2 as well.

I feel like, if you're loading game assets off it while playing the biggest thing you want is that a2 rating. Max speed if great and all. But waiting a few more seconds to start a game is fairly minor. If it starts skipping any time it loads new assets thats going to hurt your experience

Seems like a very nice handheld, will definitely want to buy one in the future, perhaps 2nd gen or if availability improves. Really like that it is not locked with plenty of DRM etc and that you can use it as emulation device and play existing steam games or even install non steam games.

Feels like an eternity since I ordered. Finally got a tracking number. (But only label created). Too be fair, I did miss my time and had to contact them to get a unit.so.I shouldn't complain.

Also...I started decorating the master bedroom today, so my wife would kill me if I sat my ass down and started playing games instead of getting on, since I pretty much kicked us out the bed room with zero notice of me doing it lol.

So I've had my Steamdeck for about a month and have not had much of an opportunity to use it until today......when I realised that the R1 button straight-up doesn't work! :mad:

Looks like being RMA time for me!

So I've had my Steamdeck for about a month and have not had much of an opportunity to use it until today......when I realised that the R1 button straight-up doesn't work! :mad:

Looks like being RMA time for me!
Even though you've not had much time, how do you not notice a shoulder button not working! I can understand the rear buttons but the shoulder ones must surely be used for some games?

Even though you've not had much time, how do you not notice a shoulder button not working! I can understand the rear buttons but the shoulder ones must surely be used for some games?

I know, but I went on holiday for 2 weeks a few days after I got it and honestly I can't remember the button not working until today!

The deck itself has only been on for about 3 hours total!

Mine is stuck in Shippoing Soon and I think it will take a while to get here because of the Royal Mail strikes. I can't see myself using it too much though. I have my gaming laptop for games at home, Switch for portable gaming and also invested in Stadia for games anywhere in the cloud

I'm realising now how much electricity my PC uses when gaming, with energy prices going ballistic.

Looking forward to getting the Steam Deck to cut down on that somewhat. I imagine it might well partly pay for itself over time in reduced energy costs.

It's the best thing I've bought since I can remember. The fun never stops. I sold my gaming PC as it isn't getting used. For me, busy and not wanting to be away in my office when diving into a game this is perfect.

While I am not knocking the deck at all as I have one myself on the way. You should both really look at cloud gaming if electricity cost and playing at home is your main concern

Mine is stuck in Shippoing Soon and I think it will take a while to get here because of the Royal Mail strikes. I can't see myself using it too much though. I have my gaming laptop for games at home, Switch for portable gaming and also invested in Stadia for games anywhere in the cloud
When did you order ? I ordered Thursday night I had a email at about 11ish today saying there preparing to ship.

I'm realising now how much electricity my PC uses when gaming, with energy prices going ballistic.

Looking forward to getting the Steam Deck to cut down on that somewhat. I imagine it might well partly pay for itself over time in reduced energy costs.

My electric has gone from just over 100 a month, to 200... And this month it is now 300. I did get a dehumidifier for the basement last month, but still... Ouchy.

Back
Top Bottom