*** The Official Steam Deck Thread ***

It is a little disappointing there isn't more official support for the Steam deck natively with things like gamepass etc.

But the Steam deck seems garbage with Windows on it (Hyperbolic maybe, but not as good as it is natively).

It's the one thing that would steer me towards a Windows based model with a 6800U, but I don't want to go for a Chinese Company like Aya Neo.

I kind of thought Razer might have a product coming up, we've seen Alienware have a similar concept device too.

Either way my Email for 64GB Steam Deck is likely to come on Thursday

It is a little disappointing there isn't more official support for the Steam deck natively with things like gamepass etc.

But the Steam deck seems garbage with Windows on it (Hyperbolic maybe, but not as good as it is natively).

It's the one thing that would steer me towards a Windows based model with a 6800U, but I don't want to go for a Chinese Company like Aya Neo.

I kind of thought Razer might have a product coming up, we've seen Alienware have a similar concept device too.

Either way my Email for 64GB Steam Deck is likely to come on Thursday
End of the day, Valve have made it to sell Steam games; anything else the user can do with it (Heroic, Origin, XCloud) is a bonus. Microsoft won't want to sell gamepass through Steam knowing Valve will want a cut. I've managed to get the main ubi and epic games I want on it (Trackmania, Trackmania Turbo and What The Golf) and am sure I will tinker more in the future to do more stuff!

I got emudeck all working perfectly now and can play pretty much every kind of handheld devices that were released from like a few years ago until the very first ones

I can’t seem to get WiiU titles working. Launch Emudeck and it can’t see the ROM’s.

Not sure if I should be trying to use Cemu or Dolphin instead of Emudeck itself.

It states the file location that they’re stored in though. Will have a Google at some point once I’ve finished playing Batman.

I can’t seem to get WiiU titles working. Launch Emudeck and it can’t see the ROM’s.

Not sure if I should be trying to use Cemu or Dolphin instead of Emudeck itself.

It states the file location that they’re stored in though. Will have a Google at some point once I’ve finished playing Batman.
Are you using steam rom manager to create the titles? if not you might have to point Cemu to them or create a sys link (forgot actual term)

Reactions: HRL
Did you get any updates from the GLS site after it left Netherlands?

No, next update I got was from Evri which was first thing this morning. They delivered it at 3pm or so this afternoon.

-

Just upgraded the SSD and popped the microSD I had in. First half hour impressions:

• Lighter than I was expecting
  • Well built, nice screen, pretty nippy.
  • Upgrading SSD was easy, took about 5 minutes. Installing SteamOS from a USB recovery drive took minutes.
  • 5ghz Wifi is meh, many disconnects. Unusable. Dropped back to 2.4ghz, all fine. Wondering if it's SSD upgrade related, might swap back to see what difference that makes.
  • Unable to download with the screen off, that's a bit daft. Worked around it by dropping into Desktop mode and setting the screen to sleep after 5 minutes.

Will update further once I've thrown a couple of games on there... which is taking an age with my 30mb broadband. (Stoopid FTTP installation failed this morning because they can't find the BT duct grr).

No, next update I got was from Evri which was first thing this morning. They delivered it at 3pm or so this afternoon.

-

Just upgraded the SSD and popped the microSD I had in. First half hour impressions:

• Upgrading SSD was easy, took about 5 minutes. Installing SteamOS from a USB recovery drive took minutes.
  • 5ghz Wifi is meh, many disconnects. Unusable. Dropped back to 2.4ghz, all fine. Wondering if it's SSD upgrade related, might swap back to see what difference that makes.
  • Unable to download with the screen off, that's a bit daft. Worked around it by dropping into Desktop mode and setting the screen to sleep after 5 minutes.

Will update further once I've thrown a couple of games on there... which is taking an age with my 30mb broadband. (Stoopid FTTP installation failed this morning because they can't find the BT duct grr).
Did yours have a parcelforce tracking ? If it was delivered by Evri ?

Doesnt SSD upgrade void the warranty ?

-

I was suffering from WiFi disconnects, one solution is to turn off WiFi power managent in developer options

Personally I wouldn't bother with emudeck. It will be far easier in the end if you learn linux, particularly Arch which is what SteamOS is based off.
Once you're comfortable, you'll be able to set everything up the way you like it and not have to settle for emudeck supplied defaults which aren't always the best for some systems.

Just go into desktop mode and download the emulators you want from the Discover store. This is where emudeck gets most of it's software from anyway. You may need to visit certain websites and download the Appimage version of emulators as one in particular (not saying here) plays much better than the flatpak version (which probably has debug procedures causing it to be slower).

For Cemu, their is no native linux build yet, although one is coming, hopefully this year. You will need to download the windows version and run it through Proton (or Wine, or a variant of it such as ge proton, or one of the lutris versions).

You should install decky loader (go for the pre-release version as it's actually more stable). Then I recommend 2 plugins:

VibrantDeck - this greatly improved colour saturation and contrast. Everything looks much better and much better than stock
Power Tools - this will allow you to reduce CPU threads. This is great for emulators which rely on higher clocks and fewer cores threads. Dolphin is a great example and you will easily see 60fps on everything.

Reactions: HRL
Back
Top Bottom