*** The Official Steam Deck Thread ***

Yup, I knew it was chunky but the size still surprised me when I opened the box. :)

Installed Hot Wheels Unleashed last night, perfect game to play on Deck

Bought The Ascent last night as it was on sale. Good grief the first mission is hard against the ferals. I don't find aiming easy and when they get close it is super tough. Maybe I am missing some skills.

It's arrived! Was a bit worried since Evri was delivering it (I had bad experience when they were Hermes) but no damage to the packaging. Will open it up later after work.

Just to give the others a general idea how long it might take, it was dispatched from the Netherlands on the 29th, arrived in the UK on the 31st, and finally reached my local depot this morning.

Got my email this evening! Just paid and ordered. I pre-ordered the 512Gb model on 8th February for anyone trying to keep track of their own.

Can’t wait! Shame I won’t have it for this weekend though :p

Got my email but in 2 minds. I probably won’t play any AAA games on it because I have a PC, and I don’t expect the hardware to age well for more intense games, but it’d be a good indie game console.

Got my email this evening! Just paid and ordered. I pre-ordered the 512Gb model on 8th February for anyone trying to keep track of their own.

Can’t wait! Shame I won’t have it for this weekend though :p

Nice I ordered the 256 on the 25th Feb so must only be a week or so away now

I'm hyped again as I'm looking forward to playing through some back catalogue on it.

Man this thing really sucks juice. Playing the ascent and it really went down quick.

Really does go down quick when running really demanding games where the GPU is maxed out and the CPU is at about 50% usage as well, 1hr 30mins to 2hrs at best. Usually I can get about 3hrs to 4hrs usage in a lot of games if I cap the refresh rate to 40fps or 6hrs to 7hrs if doing old 2D console emulation.

In those demanding games it makes my old Game Gear on batteries seem pretty good, reminds of the days when I had to carry the Sega battery pack around to keep it going :cry:.

I think I 'may' have flicked it from 30fps to 60fps accidentally. Fat fingers with a new device in the dark lol. (I would love it if the keys had a backlight option.)

EDIT: Oh LMAO, you had the Game Gear as well with the battery pack huh! I felt all powerful with that as a kid with that battery pack. I really wish the game support had been better on that, was a great device.

Back
Top Bottom