*** The Official Steam Deck Thread ***

Any news/specs on the official dock?

If it's going to be another year, may as well jump on a jsaux one for now.

No idea about the official dock, maybe never? Just get the JSAUX one. I got the upgraded JSAUX dock and it does the job very well. I actually got it for only £25 with a voucher that I think was a mistake on their part. To be honest though, I don't think any of these docks are worth more than £25 anyway.

Deck arrived today, although had slight panic when Evri decided to leave on my doorstep whilst I was out. It was there a few hours, luckily it didn't get swiped!

First impression, the thing is huge! It feels well built. Just installing a couple of games from the Steam library, looking forward to getting stuck in and also installing EmuDeck.

Deck arrived today, although had slight panic when Evri decided to leave on my doorstep whilst I was out. It was there a few hours, luckily it didn't get swiped!

First impression, the thing is huge! It feels well built. Just installing a couple of games from the Steam library, looking forward to getting stuck in and also installing EmuDeck.

What a frustration waiting 9 months for something only for a courier to leave it on your door step open to the elements and for anyone to steal it. Unbelievable

Glad you got it okay.

I'm still awaiting my purchase email. I preordered 25th Feb so hoping this coming week is the one for me..

Think I'm going to send mine back to Valve. I don't think my Deck is really going to get any use; I don't travel anywhere and have a gaming laptop so can be portable if need be.

What a frustration waiting 9 months for something only for a courier to leave it on your door step open to the elements and for anyone to steal it. Unbelievable

Glad you got it okay.

I'm still awaiting my purchase email. I preordered 25th Feb so hoping this coming week is the one for me..
I'm usually grateful orders are dropped off, but not yesterday :D. I'd imagine yours is a week or so away. I ordered at the end of Jan, they seem to be getting through orders now.

I have had a Google but couldn't find it. How long does the Deck last if charged to 100% and just left powered in but with the screen off?

My Switch OLED will last for at least a week just doing nothing.

I will never understand how this is a thing. In my country the courrier always calls and if they cannot reach the person, they take it with them and you gotta pick it up, or have it delivered another day. They never leave stuff in front of the door.

Think I'm going to send mine back to Valve. I don't think my Deck is really going to get any use; I don't travel anywhere and have a gaming laptop so can be portable if need be.

Why to Valve? Just sell it to someone who wants one.

I will never understand how this is a thing. In my country the courrier always calls and if they cannot reach the person, they take it with them and you gotta pick it up, or have it delivered another day. They never leave stuff in front of the door.

Why to Valve? Just sell it to someone who wants one.

Banned from MM. Would happily sell it here if they allow me access.

If this post gets 50 likes I'm sure they would!

Been playing titanfall 2 on mine the last couple days, first time I've tried an fps and the gyro and its pretty great, take a little getting used to, but does make precision aiming pretty easy

I remember playing Bloodborne on the PS4, that was a great game but so difficult it was frustrating.

Is elden ring and dark souls 3 just as difficult?

Elden Ring has parts that are difficult, for bad players like me. When you hit the wall though, you can grind for levels and stuff, and go back to find things much easier.
Definitely a far more forgiving game.

I have had a Google but couldn't find it. How long does the Deck last if charged to 100% and just left powered in but with the screen off?

My Switch OLED will last for at least a week just doing nothing.
Not done any real measurement, but mine seems to lose 5-15% per day if put into standby during a game. Again, no real data but I think it's game dependent.

Back
Top Bottom