*** The Official Steam Deck Thread ***

I think I 'may' have flicked it from 30fps to 60fps accidentally. Fat fingers with a new device in the dark lol. (I would love it if the keys had a backlight option.)

EDIT: Oh LMAO, you had the Game Gear as well with the battery pack huh! I felt all powerful with that as a kid with that battery pack. I really wish the game support had been better on that, was a great device.

Ah, with the 5 foot TV tuner aerial “upgrade”. Preferred the Atari Lynx TBH but had both at one point.

Had a quick play around with it last night, and it's much lighter than I was expecting. I'm still getting used to the controls, my hands are pretty small and I notice I keep accidentally touching the trackpads so I had to disable them for games I don't plan on using them for. Had to do some extra configuration but using Parsec to stream from my desktop works really well as well (personally found it better than Steam Link, and I don't have GFE for Moonlight).

However there's one thing that bugs me... no UK keyboard layout? And tapping on the keyboard, while it does do the haptic feedback, doesn't always enter the character in. Kinda annoying when entering passwords.

I'm trying to get to grips with Steam Input.

I am playing Witcher 3 and created a radial menu with release on the left trackpad for keyboard presses 2-7, to select different abilities. Nothing happens. Must have missed something somewhere.

Docking station with SSD support

Evri sent me an email, should get it within the next two hours apparently.

Are there anything people recommend to do after opening it, i.e software to install or settings.

Or should I just login to steam and start playing.

Just realised I already have a dock which I use with my Android tablet. Hooked it up to the Steam Deck and works straight away. Haven't had this much fun with a console for a long time, the endless things you can use this for apart from gaming is mind blowing:eek:

Back
Top Bottom