*** The Official Steam Deck Thread ***

I’ve been using mine to *finally* become absorbed into the Witcher 3. Absolutely love being able to just pick up and smash 30 minutes in. Could never enjoy it on any system before, despite it being ranked as one of the best games of all time by many.

I will never understand how this is a thing. In my country the courrier always calls and if they cannot reach the person, they take it with them and you gotta pick it up, or have it delivered another day. They never leave stuff in front of the door.
That used to be the same here in the UK. They would only leave it on the doorstep if you specifically gave instructions to do so and accepted the risk. Since COVID, for "your safety and theirs" the courier companies took the opportunity of saying they deemed leaving it on your doorstep as delivered and you accepted it. In reality it saves a hell of a lot of time for the courier so they prefer it that way and it doesn't ever seem to be changing back.

Since COVID, for "your safety and theirs" the courier companies took the opportunity of saying they deemed leaving it on your doorstep as delivered and you accepted it. In reality it saves a hell of a lot of time for the courier so they prefer it that way and it doesn't ever seem to be changing back.
Absolutely ridiculous! Covid, the perfect excuse for everything.

While it's a shoddy excuse, it's easier for me, I don't want to miss my parcels. And I have a video doorbell to capture it being stolen.

Already ran out of space on my 256GB! Will have to delete some while I wait for a deal on a Micro SD.

Thinking of setting up a LanCache to make re-downloading faster

While it's a shoddy excuse, it's easier for me, I don't want to miss my parcels. And I have a video doorbell to capture it being stolen.
But what good is a video of it being stolen? The courier company won't care because it has been delivered and accepted by you. The company you bought it from won't care because they have proof of delivery. The police won't care because they are the police and really don't care anymore.

But what good is a video of it being stolen? The courier company won't care because it has been delivered and accepted by you. The company you bought it from won't care because they have proof of delivery. The police won't care because they are the police and really don't care anymore.
Because it isn't legally delivered until you have possession of the item. So therefore even if the courier did nothing about it your credit card would just refund you.

Because it isn't legally delivered until you have possession of the item. So therefore even if the courier did nothing about it your credit card would just refund you.
Good luck with that. Maybe technically correct. But you'll have to argue hard. The credit card company would check with the company you bought the item from. The company would check with the courier. The courier would "open an investigation" for three weeks and then report back to the company that it was delivered and provide proof of delivery (a photo of it on your doorstep). You probably would get your money back eventually but it will be a pain in the rear.

Anyway, sorry for taking the thread off topic. I'll leave it there :)

Good luck with that. Maybe technically correct. But you'll have to argue hard. The credit card company would check with the company you bought the item from. The company would check with the courier. The courier would "open an investigation" for three weeks and then report back to the company that it was delivered and provide proof of delivery (a photo of it on your doorstep). You probably would get your money back eventually but it will be a pain in the rear.

Anyway, sorry for taking the thread off topic. I'll leave it there :)
Nothing to argue when you have videp evidence....

Not going to lie starting to get a bit annoyed at my deck now. The crashing in rdr2 is doing my head in. It's every 30 mins and one mission I literally have done probably 10 times and it always crashes on or just before a cut scene some 15 mins into the mission. Anybody actually playing rdr2 without it crashing every 5 mins?

Probably going to install rdr2 on the pc just so I can get past the mission.

Tbh, I had RDR2 crash on me a bunch of times on my otherwise solid gaming PC. I don't think it's the Deck in this case.

This is verging on utterly unplayable. At times it crashes after like 5 mins sometimes I'll get 30 mins... There seems to ge huge amounts of people having the issue while having a bit of a Google.

Back
Top Bottom