*** The Official Steam Deck Thread ***

My 256gb arrived yesterday Morning. I was away for the day and they left it outside propped against my wall. Wtf!

Screenshot-20220910-102029-Gmail.jpg

It's a miracle that...

A. It wasn't pouring down
B. My neighbour was in and able to retrieve it for me as I was hours away from home.

How is that acceptable?

I will be complaining to Evri / Valve, not had time to set it up yet but should get to it today at some point.

My 256gb arrived yesterday Morning. I was away for the day and they left it outside propped against my wall. Wtf!

It's a miracle that...

B. My neighbour was in and able to retrieve it for me as I was hours away from home.

How is that acceptable?

I will be complaining to Evri / Valve, not had time to set it up yet but should get to it today at some point.

Valve used to use parcelforce for steam decks about 6 months ago. Clearly a cost cutting measure.

It's a miracle that...

How is that acceptable?

Hidden from the road at least? Mine was left outside too but under shelter and hidden from the road thankfully.

Perhaps the packaging is too discrete for the couriers to realise its electrical goods.

On a positive note, at least you don’t have to wait for it to be redelivered!

Managed to grab a 512GB Deck locally for a decent price after failing miserably to have any self control and wait a while for my pre order. :)

pqFby6Xl.jpg

Wavlink USB-C Dock / Hub purchased and received:

euGtSKnl.jpg.png

The fun has begun:

4Gkpo02l.jpg

Oh Yes...

mRS7YYal.jpg

Going to be using it in a mixture of portable and docked modes but just had to see how Destiny 2 would run. Turns out it runs pretty well even pushing a Medium/low mix at 1080p w/90% Res scale. FPS in the most demanding areas is around 40FPS average dropping just below 30 when heavy alphas effects on screen. Dropping to 720P gives much closer to a locked 60 which is awesome. Really wish this game had any form of FSR (and that it worked via Steam OS tbh). Bungo seems more concerned about getting the game out via Epic Games than doing anything like that though.

Next will be going back to Steam OS and getting Heroic on there and more games installed.

Then I just need to get a decent kick stand (the one @mrk posted looks good or my use) and tidy up the dock cabling a bit (limited by the short USB-C cable) and the fun can begin proper.

EDIT: For anyone curious the dock / hub I have got works flawlessly with dual screens (single 1080p @120Hz or 1080p60 and 1440p60 together), external SSD running Win 10 and ethernet.

:D:D

Hmmmm, 2 Decks, both faulty!

First one had an issue with the R1 button and the subsequent replacement is freezing and stalling all over the place!

20+ minutes to uninstall a relatively small game and a bizarre occurrence with Circuit Superstars - glitches out and reverted to super-low resolution and blurry screen - even a factory reset and re-install didn't fix it!?!?

Looks like another RMA.....

Finally had time to get the deck uboxed, currently charging up, first game I want to play through again is HL2, also loading up Bioshock / Portal, this thing is going to be superb for some old nostalgia back catalouge stuff. V happy with purchase, great bit of kit.

Finally had time to get the deck uboxed, currently charging up, first game I want to play through again is HL2, also loading up Bioshock / Portal, this thing is going to be superb for some old nostalgia back catalouge stuff. V happy with purchase, great bit of kit.
Just got mine 10 minutes ago. Will also be playing the same games as above and maybe also fallout!

Evri ofcourse just left it outside without knocking....

Back
Top Bottom