*** The Official Steam Deck Thread ***

The way they’ve ramped up production I reckon an order today might only take a few weeks.

I ordered a second one on the weekend so should find out soon enough.

Wouldn’t wait too long in case people start ordering them for Christmas presents.

If it helps anyone to decide, I paid my deposit on August the 10th and received an email on September 22nd inviting me to purchase the 256gb version.

From what others have said, I should have it within a week of paying.

Last edited:
was having some problems using the onscreen keyboard in a couple of games where as soon as I would type it would disappear which made it quite hard to enter a different wifi password :) rebooted and seemed to fix it, i put on a screen protector today and the touch is now pretty unresponsive so have a feeling I will have to take that off, any recommendations for one to try i did just get a cheapo one from amazon

I put in a 2nd order on the 1st of August and got my email Thursday. Ended up not getting it as dont need a 2nd now, but yeah already less than 7 weeks. So people ordering now I guess could see it by the end of October

Reactions: HRL
A few comments I've seen are within a month. YMMV of course.
Ordered mine on Sunday, the getmydeck tracker thingy from reddit says it's expected to be available to buy in about 3 weeks.

Last edited:
My pre order just got refunded yesterday with no reason why , I can only presume that they don't deliver to the Highlands of Scotland
if you had your email Thursday and didn't purchase it would have been refunded last night. Did you miss the email? If you get in touch with valve customer support they may be able to help

Just an update for those thinking of deliveries. YMMV.

I ordered a Steam Deck 512gb on 28th August 2022. I received my email to pay last night 26th September 2022. Very pleased with that ! I was thinking December at earliest. My "preorder" said Sept-Dec 2022.

was having some problems using the onscreen keyboard in a couple of games where as soon as I would type it would disappear which made it quite hard to enter a different wifi password :) rebooted and seemed to fix it, i put on a screen protector today and the touch is now pretty unresponsive so have a feeling I will have to take that off, any recommendations for one to try i did just get a cheapo one from amazon

I have found and noted on the SteamDeck sub reddit that the on screen keyboard is pretty unresponsive in Steam OS (desktop or Gaming mode). In my own experience it is fine in Windows (in my case with a screen protector).

IIRC it is being looked at by Valve although now of course I can't find a reference to that.

I have found and noted on the SteamDeck sub reddit that the on screen keyboard is pretty unresponsive in Steam OS (desktop or Gaming mode). In my own experience it is fine in Windows (in my case with a screen protector).

IIRC it is being looked at by Valve although now of course I can't find a reference to that.
The issue is fixed in the latest beta that's just been pushed out in the last few days.
Will eventually hit the stable branch

after somewhat slightly dissapointed with the steamdeck (in reality ive not used it for more than an hour or so) i wish id just gone for the 64gb version and ordered a 1tb ssd to upgrade to which is what ive j
The issue is fixed in the latest beta that's just been pushed out in the last few days.
Will eventually hit the stable branch
can you switch between beta and stable easy enough or once in beta are you there till next stable is released etc?

can you switch between beta and stable easy enough or once in beta are you there till next stable is released etc?
Yeah I don't see any reason why you can't change back to stable from beta. There shouldn't be any data loss either, although as SteamOS is a work in progress, I don't think anything can be guaranteed.

I got it working in FF8, was a bit of a faff though, found your link and used this one iirc in particular from the comments 'protontricks 39150 dmband dmime dmsynth dmusic dsound'

Spent a bit of time assuming it was a MIDI issue before finding out that FF8 uses directmusic instead :p

I got it working in FF8, was a bit of a faff though, found your link and used this one iirc in particular from the comments 'protontricks 39150 dmband dmime dmsynth dmusic dsound'

Spent a bit of time assuming it was a MIDI issue before finding out that FF8 uses directmusic instead :p
What did you do to get it to work? I've tried adding it to launch options and it didn't work.

Back
Top Bottom