*** The Official Steam Deck Thread ***

Never actually tried 30/30 is it better then restricting the fps at 30 but leaving refresh at 60?

Found the 40/40 to be a really nice sweet spot if a game can’t keep constant 60 with decent settings.

Last edited:
Not sure if anyone is interested, but have seen that the Anker nano 2 65w is currently a little cheaper than usual on the big river shop. I've been thinking about getting a 2nd charger for my deck so i can have one upstairs. and from what ive seen this one is fairly well regarded

Ordered the dbrand killswitch skin on Monday, order dispatch confirmation on Tuesday. Just received an email saying the magnetic kickstand causes certain fans to slow down, so do not use it on the case. They have suspended sales and to those who have already ordered they advise not to use the stand with everyone receiving a full new kit containing the new mechanical stand by January.

On the plus side I will get a reserve skin come January.

Ordered my 64GB Deck on the 25th Sept, ordered a 256GB SD card today in preparation, and just got my reservation email so I've completed the transaction and it'll be with me soon enough.

4 days from order to reservation email HAS to be a record? Do I win £5 ?

Just got my email to complete the order, but I travel next Saturday for 3 weeks!!!!

What are the odds of it coming before next Saturday if I place my order today?

At the checkout, can I designate a delivery time, instead of ASAP I just put a hold until I return?

Last edited:
Just got my email to complete the order, but I travel next Saturday for 3 weeks!!!!

What are the odds of it coming before next Saturday if I place my order today?

At the checkout, can I designate a delivery time, instead of ASAP I just put a hold until I return?

Well, there is no choice I'm afraid, you pay and you give the delivery address and billing address and this is it. I don't think the delivery is next day, I think it takes about a week for most from what I have seen on reddit.

Hahaha. And there I was about to say I ordered a second SD, a 256Gb for my sons birthday, ordered on Sat 24/09, just completed the purchase.

I thought 5 days was pretty good going TBH, apparently not!

I picked up a 256GB Samsung Evo plus, looking into it the SD card speeds aren't much different unless you're doing desktop 'stuff'
Gutted I missed the 256GB 2230 drive for £19 from a few days ago.

I picked up a 256GB Samsung Evo plus, looking into it the SD card speeds aren't much different unless you're doing desktop 'stuff'
Gutted I missed the 256GB 2230 drive for £19 from a few days ago.

Main difference is the write speeds and IOPS (denoted by the Ux number and Ax numbers).

For normal Steam deck game usage any decent Micro SD card will do (i.e. if it looks to cheap its no good).

Evo Plus / Select are great and sit pretty much at the top of the pile in terms of what the SD can actually use. There are faster cards but the SD UHS-I interface means it can't take advantage of them.

As I have said before though, if you plan to run Windows off one make sure if it is a A2 / U3 model. That said I would only every recommend running Windows off a SD card for accessing games you can't run on the Steam Deck Natively via Steam OS. I would not use it for general purpose. It runs "fine" in the broad sense but anything hitting the I/O (updates for example) will cause it to slow to a crawl.

I maybe played a little too much Control last night. Battery was down to 5%... :cry:

now that battlenet is working again I've started playing Diablo 2 resurrected on my deck. And its really good. I'm pleasantly surprised at how good the controller support is, with the possible exception of inventory management I actually prefer playing with controller than with mouse

Back
Top Bottom