*** The Official Steam Deck Thread ***

Been absolutely loving my deck. Definitely one of the most fun devices I have ever owned. I also picked up the JSAUX V.2 dock and have nothing but good words to say about that. So good being able to throw Final Burn Neo on the TV anywhere to play retro games and it does seem to be able to handle literally any modern game well too.

Received today and it's hefty piece of kit isn't it :p

Does any one else find the shoulder buttons a little hard to press without moving their hand position slightly or are my manlet hand striking again?

How do you change the desktop resolution when docked to an external monitor - can only get 1024 x 768?
What dock/adapter are you using?

On the other hand previously I only had one monitor hooked up, decided to experiment with my full PC setup with both monitors but had trouble getting the Steam Deck to play nicely with two 1440 monitors at 60Hz. Turns out all I had to do was disable the Deck's screen for it to work.

EDIT: Alright there's definitely some sort of incompatibility issue with my LG 27GL850 on either DP or HDMI. Most of the time the Deck only sees it as a 1080p screen even if it's the only external display. Setting it as the primary display first and turning off the Deck's screen allows me to select 1440p on it, then I can plug in the second external (AOC) which is correctly picked up by the Deck no problem.

Last edited:
I definitely think older games are what this thing excels at. I just tried Dead Space and it runs at 60fps and looks great, and the deck is hardly breaking a sweat.

Modern games designed for 4k screens tend to look cluttered and the UI very small on the deck, even with UI sizing adjustments.

If anything the sd card is a little awkward to get out, as it sits flush with the shell of the deck. Have seen a couple instances of people forgetting to take it out before opening the deck and snapping the sd card

Because I remember with an old windows tablet I had somehow it got ejected and I lost the card, and since a 1tb card isnt that cheap id rather have a cover to protect that, probably not likely to happen but just saying
You could always go high tech and put a small piece of electrical tape over the opening when the card is inserted :)

Somebody a few pages back was asking about the settings used for Witcher 3 to get a solid 40fps locked, checked last night and got everting set to high except shadows at medium. Was on it for a good couple of hours too and didn’t notice any drops/stutters. Looking forward to getting into this as never finished a full play through!

Back
Top Bottom